Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
billsalt
Reel Rookie

Changing Channels with Spectrum

I'm new to this internet streaming phenomenon as a possible replacement for cable tv. I have the Roku Express 4K+ streaming player installed on the TV. I have Spectrum TV showing on the streaming home screen. When I click on Spectrum TV, it defaults to Channel 1. How do I change channels? With a tv remote and a cable box, I just press the channel number or activate the channel up and down switch. How do I emulate that process with the Roku streaming player and remote?

6 REPLIES 6
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Changing Channels with Spectrum

@billsalt

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Are you accessing the Spectrum channel on the Roku device? If you need further assistance with that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Spectrum support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Spectrum support here: https://www.spectrum.net/support/

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
billsalt
Reel Rookie

I am accessing Spectrum TV by way of the Roku streaming player. When I open the Spectrum channel, it defaults to Channel 1. I can't view any other station other than Channel 1. The Roku streaming remote doesn't change stations like the tv remote does when the cable box is hooked up. The cable box is now disconnected. If you have any helpful suggestions on how I can overcome this problem, I'd love to hear them, otherwise I'll contact Spectrum Support. I followed the link you provided, but what I really need is to talk with someone over the phone.

0 Kudos
billsalt
Reel Rookie

Sent: Saturday, September 25, 2021 5:38 AM
To: 'Roku Community' <community@roku.com>
Subject: RE: RokuDanny-R mentioned you in Roku Community

I detailed the problem within my Community case. I contacted Spectrum Support for their input and they said this is not a Spectrum problem, this is a Roku problem. What are you going to do to fix it?

Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2021 7:13 PM
To: billnicky@charter.net
Subject: RokuDanny-R mentioned you in Roku Community

Hi billsalt,

RokuDanny-R (Roku Employee) mentioned you in a post! Join the conversation below:

@billsalt

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Are you accessing the Spectrum channel on the Roku device? If you need further assistance with that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Spectrum support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Spectrum support here: https://www.spectrum.net/support/

Thanks,
Danny

Roku Community sent this message to billnicky@charter.net.
You are receiving this email because you were @mentioned and the message matches your subscription to a topic.

0 Kudos
billsalt
Reel Rookie

Well, as it turns out, if you can believe what the Roku  phone support representative has to say, is that the problem does belong to Spectrum. The way to change viewing stations in the Spectrum TV app is to go within the app and use either the Live TV menu or the Guide menu. This illustrates a design flaw in the Spectrum TV app. Changing channels with the Roku streaming player remote controller using the Spectrum TV app should be as easy as it is if you had a cable system remote controller in hand activating a cable box. But it's not. So, I'm left with a flawed app or finding another app that will allow me to get the tv channels I want to watch. 

SRHOKU

You have to hit the left arrow on your roku remote and then it will bring up your spectrum Chanel list. You have to go up and down to the channel you want to view. As far as I can tell there is no way to type in the channel number, which sucks.

0 Kudos
greetje
Reel Rookie

I am elderly and have Roku Streaming Stick 4 K  Not interested i n all the other options , I just want to watch my Spectrum channels without paying for cable box. The Roku remote is bad. No numbers to

to other channels. No backlit so at night can't see anything. No pause. And no view last station. I want my Spectrum remote to work on Roku and I am old so simply. Is that possible.