Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stevwolf
Level 7

Change profile in netflix on roku ??

I have a tv that came with a Streaming Stick. Model 9400x SW 9.00 Build 4115-05. It was build around 2015. Im the original owner.

I want to change the profile used in Netflix.
The roku does not give me the option to change the profile.

I have tried the following.

1. Delete the Netflix from the Roku, as per instructions from many web sites. However when I add Netflix back to Roku, it just logs me into the same profile. There is no screen taking me to a screen where I can change the profile. I have done this several times. I even, deleted it and left it for a day with it pulled out of TV. But this did not work.

2. I read on several web sites to go into Netflix and and go Up U, DD, LR, LR, UU UU. This does not work.

3.Reset back factory defaults. This does not work. 

4. I even tried changing the settings on the roku to log me off every time I turn off. No Luck.

It appears that the Roku is pretty good at remembering me and my settings, but how do I delete them.
How can I change the profile of user of Netflix?

I have contacted Netflix and they say its Roku because that is the interface that is being used to access Netflix.

I contacted Roku and they said its Netflix. 

Can anyone profile help here.
Thanks.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: Change profile in netflix on roku ??

"Stevwolf" wrote:
 I have a tv that came with a Streaming Stick. Model 9400x SW 9.00 Build 4115-05. It was build around 2015. Im the original owner.

I want to change the profile used in Netflix.
The roku does not give me the option to change the profile.

I have tried the following.

1. Delete the Netflix from the Roku, as per instructions from many web sites. However when I add Netflix back to Roku, it just logs me into the same profile. There is no screen taking me to a screen where I can change the profile. I have done this several times. I even, deleted it and left it for a day with it pulled out of TV. But this did not work.

2. I read on several web sites to go into Netflix and and go Up U, DD, LR, LR, UU UU. This does not work.

3.Reset back factory defaults. This does not work. 

4. I even tried changing the settings on the roku to log me off every time I turn off. No Luck.

It appears that the Roku is pretty good at remembering me and my settings, but how do I delete them.
How can I change the profile of user of Netflix?

I have contacted Netflix and they say its Roku because that is the interface that is being used to access Netflix.

I contacted Roku and they said its Netflix. 

Can anyone profile help here.
Thanks.

Are you sure about the model number? I suspect you actually have the model 3400 MHL Stick.

If that’s the case, that model doesn’t support the Netflix app with profiles. Netflix and all app developers determine which devices support what version of an app, or if it even supports it at all.

That Stick (I’m gonna go ahead and assume it’s the 3400) doesn’t have the horsepower to handle a lot of apps. When Netflix is installed on such devices, it gets the old version, which doesn’t support profiles, and only shows what is essentially the first profile on the Netflix account.

Netflix should know that. And I’m sure many of their CSRs do. But you got one that didn’t know.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Stevwolf
Level 7

Well it seems to be a 3400x (it says in the software) But sounds similar to what your saying. It does plug into a special MHL port on the TV. 
I find it odd really, I can watch Netflix movies no problem. I have seen others talk about horsepower, which I find confusing. I mean I would have thought that the "horsepower" is in the watching of the movies not the choosing of the profiles which is just and interface you click on.

If there is no way to change the profile, what is the least expensive Roku device that I can use in this TV to give me the ability to change profiles. It looks like there are various versions. I hate having to buy a new one just for this but My son is yelling that my viewing is messing his profile and screwing with his viewing, since his is the main profile. I have searched to see if I can change the main profile on Netflix but it appears there is no way to do this. The first account is the main one and  this cant be shifted unless I delete it.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"Stevwolf" wrote:
Well it seems to be a 3400x (it says in the software) But sounds similar to what your saying. It does plug into a special MHL port on the TV. 
I find it odd really, I can watch Netflix movies no problem. I have seen others talk about horsepower, which I find confusing. I mean I would have thought that the "horsepower" is in the watching of the movies not the choosing of the profiles which is just and interface you click on.

If there is no way to change the profile, what is the least expensive Roku device that I can use in this TV to give me the ability to change profiles. It looks like there are various versions. I hate having to buy a new one just for this but My son is yelling that my viewing is messing his profile and screwing with his viewing, since his is the main profile. I have searched to see if I can change the main profile on Netflix but it appears there is no way to do this. The first account is the main one and  this cant be shifted unless I delete it.

The suffix only means the distribution channel, and has no bearing in the device itself. A 3400 is a 3400 is a 3400.

All Roku devices since 2015 have supported Netflix profiles. And it’s the horsepower required to run the interface itself. Functions like changing profiles could be developed, but Netflix abandoned development on that version of the app years ago.

Any Roku device currently sold will support all streaming apps in the catalog as well as all functionality.

The Express, Express+, and Premiere all use IR remotes. The remote must see the device. The Premiere+, Stick, Stick+, and Ultra use WiFi Direct remotes to control the device, although all non-sticks will also work with IR.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Stevwolf
Level 7

Thanks that's all very useful
Regards
0 Kudos
Styopa
Level 7

Tell your son to buy his own if he doesn't like it?

0 Kudos
Styopa
Level 7

Thanks for your replies in this thread.

So if I understand the original poster correctly, EVEN RESETTING TO FACTORY somehow retains his settings?  (So when he runs netflix, it only offers whatever was the original profile?)

If that's correct, then the implication is that whoever sets up one of these older rokus - their profile is the default forever?  Can that be true?

0 Kudos
twiceover
Level 10

No.  When he linked his Netflix account it uses the Default profile and ONLY that profile on older devices.  Of someone else were to set it up it would use the Default profile on THEIR service.

@Styopa wrote:

Thanks for your replies in this thread.

So if I understand the original poster correctly, EVEN RESETTING TO FACTORY somehow retains his settings?  (So when he runs netflix, it only offers whatever was the original profile?)

If that's correct, then the implication is that whoever sets up one of these older rokus - their profile is the default forever?  Can that be true?

0 Kudos
Styopa
Level 7

Ah the default (ie 1st) netflix profile.

Now I understand, thanks for explaining.

0 Kudos