Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change from one Hulu account to new Hulu account

I am trying to change the Hulu account that I originally setup on my Roku Express and I did a factory reset (and not choosing Hulu as one of the channels that I currently subscribe to) but when I pushed the Hulu button on the remote it automatically brought up the account previously entered...Is there anyway to remove that account (it’s my sister’s and I want to add my own)?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Change from one Hulu account to new Hulu account

Caveat: I've never needed to do this, so I'm just speculating, but it seems like this should work....

In Hulu, go to menu at top of screen and click on the last icon on the right.
Scroll down and Log out.
Log back in, logging into your desired account.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
KDorney

This is what I did. Go into Hulu on Roku> then arrow over to the account which are initials in a circle. Click that and will give you option to log out of that Hulu account. Tap yes that you are sure. You will be able to sign in with the account you prefer to use. 

Stef3632

Advice given by those who haven’t done it doesn’t work. Will SOMEONE FROM ROKU PLEASE ADDRESS THIS!!

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Stef3632,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. 
For these issues, it may be more effective for you to get help from our billing team. Please contact them directly at https://support.roku.com/contactus. Choose the option from the drop-down menu for "Questions about my account or billing," and you'll be able to send an email request there.

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
frayednot

Thank you so much!! This has been driving me crazy!!

0 Kudos
Fmoacc

Roku support was unable to help me. But you seem excited were you able to solve this?!

0 Kudos
Alex-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hey there,

Not being able to get logged in to your account sounds frustrating but maybe we can point you in the right direction to get this sorted out. Channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel developers themselves. We suggest reaching out to Hulu's customer support team here, https://help.hulu.com/s/ to get more information about their channel on our platform.

Hope this information helps!

0 Kudos
ELA2

Select the Hulu app. After the 'Hulu' display, 'who's watching' should appear along with the list of people added to said subscription...press the 'ok' button. After it says welcome (said name), on the left you should see a vertical list. Toggle to the left and scroll down to 'settings'. Press 'ok' and another vertical list should appear with profiles at the top of the list. Scroll down to log out and press 'ok'. It should take you to the 'sign up now' and 'log in screen. Los in with your new info