Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ttianna
Level 7

Change cable provider

I tried to login with the wrong cable provider on the Watch ESPN app. I removed the app and reinstalled it, but I don't see a way to change the cable provider. How do I make it forget that I tried to sign in with Xfinity so I can sign in with another valid provider?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Elijah_Baley
Level 7

Re: Change cable provider

"ttianna" wrote:
I tried to login with the wrong cable provider on the Watch ESPN app. I removed the app and reinstalled it, but I don't see a way to change the cable provider. How do I make it forget that I tried to sign in with Xfinity so I can sign in with another valid provider?

Remove the channel, reboot your Roku and then add the channel again. The reboot step is VERY important as it clears the channel memory and without that the old info is retained.
Two Roku Ultras, three Roku 3s and a Roku 1
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." Mark Twain
Van Roy's Law: An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
0 Kudos

"ttianna" wrote:

This might make me sound like Capt. Obvious, but did you try to logout of the cable provider's authentication process the *proper* way?

By that, I mean launching the Watch ESPN app on your Roku, clicking down to the final row of options called "help and settings." On that row, there is a box called "deactivate live TV." Click on that and follow the directions. Save yourself from wasting time with all this unnecessary deleting, rebooting, and reinstalling.
"Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn." Ben Franklin
0 Kudos
RachelKk
Level 7

I realize the question I’m answering is from 2015 but if I needed this answer then someone else will too! I needed to update my cable provider in order to watch Joe Kenda on IDgo but every time I logged out and back in, removed the app and reinstalled it, or even performed a factory reset on my Roku, the old provider stayed. I submitted a request to the Roku help desk twice, and both times they insisted I contact my old provider. I finally caved and contacted them, but as I suspected, they were unable to correct the problem. I finally stumbled upon a solution to the problem by using my computer rather than my iPhone to activate IDgo, and it worked! So then I thought of a better solution... to clear my cache on my phone! Actually I just cleared investigationdiscovery.com only, but the point is that it worked! So the answer is CLEAR YOUR CACHE!
0 Kudos