Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juddwieser72
Level 7

Change an account to a new one

I had h b o at one time now I'm trying to sign into HBO Max under a new account and I can't figure out how to delete the old one

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
andyross
Level 16

Re: Change an account to a new one

In the app, on the far-left menu, go up to the profile. On the menu-bar, you need to scroll all the way to the right to the "Sign Out" option.

If that doesn't work, you can try uninstall, reboot the Roku, then reinstall. That should force a new login prompt.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Change an account to a new one

Hey @juddwieser72

Thanks for the post.

To sign out from HBO Max, please follow the instructions below:

1. Open HBO Max from your Roku home screen.
  2. Choose your profile from the "Who Is Watching?" screen.
  3. Click on the circle at the upper left part of your TV screen which has the initial letter of your profile name in it. 
  4. Once done, you will be routed on "My Profile". Go all the way to the right to see the option "Sign Out"
  5. The email address logged in to your HBO Max channel will appear then click "SIGN OUT" to sign it out completely.

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos