Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ladybug75
Level 7

Certain shows on Roku Channel are not playing.

TV shows on Roku Channel I cannot watch as they do not play. Try to click on episode to watch and it starts to load but then goes back to previous screen where it shows episodes/seasons.

Shows : Growing Pains, Who's The Boss and Dog the Bounty Hunter....could be more but these are the ones we have tried!

Hope you can fix this problem!

Thanks

Ladybug75

15 Replies
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Re: Certain shows on Roku Channel are not playing.

@Ladybug75 Thanks for the note here. Did you try restarting your Roku device to see if this cleared up the issue? Are you still experiencing this issue, or are things playing normally again? 

Please keep us posted! 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
So26
Level 7

I am having the same issue with watching Dog the Bounty Hunter on A&E. I am currently enrolled in the free 7 day trial. I have tried restarting my tv since it is a Roku tv. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@So26 

Thanks for the post.

Can you clarify the issue you are experiencing? Are you trying to watch content on The Roku Channel or through the A&E channel?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Mllawson
Level 7

Lost in Space played S1 E0, but no other episodes will play. My Favorite Martian played part of S1 E1 but will not resume or play other episodes. Other shows seem to be fine. 

0 Kudos
eodsix
Level 8

Play Now and Resume not available on one program on Roku Channel.

I've been watching Lost In Space the original series on The Roku Channel.  I'm using a purple Roku Streaming Stick.  I'm half way through the second season and now, I cannot watch the next episode.  I discovered that I cannot watch ANY episodes of that program.  "Play Now" and "Resume" are NOT available.  It only shows the episode listing.  I can watch Lost In Space on my Roku app on my phone and even cast it to the TV.  The Roku App on the Streaming Stick even acknowledges my progress bar in an unfinished episode but Play and Resume are simply missing.  Other programs and movies play just fine.  I've followed troubleshooting steps in removing Roku Channel and adding it back and I've done a hard reset of the stick but nothing has worked.  On the surface, by the lack of play options, that the series Lost In Space was no longer a free program unless you subscribe but that's not the case since I can watch it from the phone.  What gives, any suggestions?

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Mllawson

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
eodsix
Level 8

The one series I've had an issue with so far is Lost In Space and it IS on The Roku Channel, not another channel thru the Roku device.

0 Kudos
CandaceAnn
Level 7

Loading a show

I am trying to watch Lost in space on the Roku channel and it will not give me an option to play, just info on the show? Anyone?

0 Kudos
dss2
Level 7

Cannot resume an episode

I cannot resume an episode of Lost in Space that I began watching. Also I am unable to watch any episode at all. I am pretty sure these episodes are free. I don’t have any problems with any others.