Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: CBS all access isnt working.....

Jump to solution

I signed up for CBS All Access - doesnt this include CBSSN???

I dont seem to be able to get sports

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Hilltopper30 wrote:

I signed up for CBS All Access - doesnt this include CBSSN???

I dont seem to be able to get sports

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CBS_All_Access

Sports programming

In March 2020, CBS and the National Women's Soccer League announced a three-year deal to broadcast games across the main CBS network, CBS Sports Network, and CBS All Access.

In November 2019, CBS announced that it had acquired rights to the UEFA Champions League and Europa League in European soccer, replacing Turner Sports. All matches will stream on CBS All Access, with selected matches on other platforms.[54] The contract was initially to begin in the 2021-22 season and last through 2023-24. However, during a suspension of the 2019-20 season due to the COVID-19 pandemic in Europe, existing rightsholder Turner Sports opted out of their contract (which had been criticized by viewers as providing cumbersome access through Turner's BR Live app and irregular wireline scheduling of matches), and CBS took over the rights early.

0 Kudos
tink30

Re: Cbs all access issue

Jump to solution

No it didn't clear up the issue; whenever I put in the code; the tv screen still stays on the activation code screen. I have quadruple checked for updates and everything but it just won't work on my Roku tv.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Cbs all access issue

Jump to solution

@tink30 wrote:

No it didn't clear up the issue; whenever I put in the code; the tv screen still stays on the activation code screen. I have quadruple checked for updates and everything but it just won't work on my Roku tv.

Sometimes it can take up to a minute to recognize the activation.

Regardless, you should:

1) Remove the CBSAA app

2) RESTART your Roku TV (Settings/System/Restart),

(if you dont restart after uninstalling, its as if you never uninstalled it)

3) Reinstall CBSAA.

0 Kudos
keighkeighnorm
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My CBS all access failed to launch, my roku channel failed to launch and my hulu channel failed to launch, please assist

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@keighkeighnorm That doesn't provide enough information. What model Roku do you have? The model number, not just its name. Roku has a terrible habit of reusing the same name on devices that differ internally. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
keighkeighnorm
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

9101X is the model number its a sound bar. I have a number of channels that aren't launching. Roku tips & tricks, hulu, cbs all access and roku, disney+. So far thats the only ones that aren't working, I have never had an issue like this before.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Usually when a single channel is misbehaving, the first step is to remove the channel, reboot the Roku (critical step, do NOT skip it), then add the channel back in. If that fixes the first channel problem, try it again on the next one. 

Sometimes when multiple channels are acting up, nothing short of a system reset will work. I don't recommend that until all other options have been exhausted, as it's a bit of work to set everything back up again after a reset.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
bonjarta
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

That URL no longer exists. I have rarely been able to watch CBS All Access even with my Paid Subscription. The channel wants me to sign in. I select forgot my password and they say instructions have been sent to my email, but it never arrives. So I have cancelled my subscription.

CBS psswrd …doesn't work, 10/24/20 ;Case #06792937 has been created. A customer service representative will contact you shortly...this never happened either.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@bonjarta

Thanks for the post.

If you purchased your subscription through CBS directly, you will need to contact their customer support for further assistance with your account issue as only they will be able to assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos