Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
numedpick
Channel Surfer

Re: Cbs all access issue

Jump to solution

CBS all Access works better with Amazon Fire it appears than Roku. Our daughter's family has fire stick and none of the issues we have with Roku Streaming sticks and Ultra (both)

0 Kudos
Heyitsrick
Roku Guru

Re: Cbs all access issue

Jump to solution

@numedpick wrote:

CBS all Access works better with Amazon Fire it appears than Roku. Our daughter's family has fire stick and none of the issues we have with Roku Streaming sticks and Ultra (both)

I have the Roku Ultra and don't have issues with CBS All-Access. I've been binging Picard (several episodes in a row) today without any hitches at all. No problems on other days I've watched. 

The only thing I do on the Ultra (and most likely any other Roku) is tap the asterisk key on the remote at the start of an episode, then tap the Audio Track section. It defaults to "English", but using either the right or left arrow key (left is faster), I scroll to "D+" for Dolby Digital Plus. Otherwise, it just defaults to stereo. Weird the way CBS built the app.

Re: CBS all access isnt working.....

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform is developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. 

You can reach CBS All-Access support here: https://cbsi.secure.force.com/CBSi/submitcase2?template=template_aa17&referer=cbs.com/aa&categories=...

Thanks,
Danny

Try resetting your Roku. There is a button or pinhole on the back of the Roku labeled "Reset" push on this with TV and Roku on.home or splash screen. Alternatively you can unplug the HDMI and power cords from TV/ power adapter. Wait 10 minutes or so then use as normal. Should fix the problem

0 Kudos
PrncessLab
Reel Rookie

Re: CBS all access isnt working.....

Jump to solution

Did that. It still doing the same thing. Called cbs they reset  the unit and the app still has issues.

0 Kudos
Jargrok
Reel Rookie

Re: CBS All Access video-on-demand problems since 9.2 update, live tv fine

Jump to solution

My TCL Roku TV locks up with the CBS all access app. Removing the app after being forced to first cancel subscription did not work. No problems with any other channels. The other channels must be more diligent with their software upgrades. Hmm maybe CBS and Roku are playing the blame game? I'm on Roku's side.  I think  CBS needs to get busy and update there app. The strange way they play the commercials and stop you from skipping them seems problematic.

0 Kudos
PrncessLab
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I worked with CBS and it doesn't seem to be on there side.  After a reply posted on this board, I bought n Amazon fire stick and am getting better streaming  all in all, picture wise and no problems with any app.   So I am going to use this Roku on a screen I rarely use.  Bye bye Roku

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I've had to stop using my Shield for CBS and switch to my Ultra. Why? For some strange reason Star Trek: Discovery has a bizarre color issue. It's like someone disconnected on of the three component video cables. Yeah, I know. You can't do that with HDMI. What's strange is that everything else on CBS looks fine. And Discovery is fine on my Roku. But other than that, I've had no issues with CBS All Access on any device. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Jargrok
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@Jargrok wrote:

My TCL Roku TV locks up with the CBS all access app. Removing the app after being forced to first cancel subscription did not work. No problems with any other channels. The other channels must be more diligent with their software upgrades. Hmm maybe CBS and Roku are playing the blame game? I'm on Roku's side.  I think  CBS needs to get busy and update there app. The strange way they play the commercials and stop you from skipping them seems problematic.

What is weird is a got through the whole season of Star Trek Picard fine. Then while watching Star Trek Discovery I started to have the issues. Watching on PC instead.

0 Kudos
Vic42670
Channel Surfer

Re: CBS Channel

Jump to solution

On CBS all access While watching a show “seal team” when show gets to last commercial before the end it cycles like loading commercial but instead goes to another show I haven’t watched in ages...”tell me a story” . I’ve signed out , and back in , restarted the roku player all multiple times to no avail. Also cbs says to delete app and reinstall , but there’s no way to delete cbs from roku *options .... there’s a serious problem that imo can only be with the cbs app , and is frustratingly **bleep**....

I finally ended subscription (where remove channels is normally ) then hit options* and remove channel showed up . I removed channel restarted roku again then added channel back Nd still not working

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: CBS Channel

Jump to solution

@Vic42670 wrote:

Also cbs says to delete app and reinstall , but there’s no way to delete cbs from roku *options .... 

Sure there is. Highlight the CBS All Access icon, but don't press OK. Instead, press the * button and select Remove Channel. Then, you must reboot the Roku. Don'f forget this step. Then reinstall and sign back in.

I've been using the CBS channel quite a bit over the last couple of weeks, so there doesn't seem to be something inherent with the app. A remove/reboot/reinstall often can clear things like this. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos