Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mom2hem

Re: Cbs all access issue

Jump to solution

I have had cbs all access for about a year and it has never played on my roku. It bumps me totally off the roku and restarts it or it simply plays the words and the video stops. I have called cbs and they are saying I need to do an update on my app on my roku but the roku will not allow me to update the app. I have Version 3.3 And I need version 4.something. How do I update the app on my model 3050x-roku 2xd?  Roku does not give me the option. I’ve tried deleting and reloading the app; deleting the app, restarting roku...reinstalling the cbs app and nothing will work to update this silly app. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Mom2hem wrote:

I have had cbs all access for about a year and it has never played on my roku. It bumps me totally off the roku and restarts it or it simply plays the words and the video stops. I have called cbs and they are saying I need to do an update on my app on my roku but the roku will not allow me to update the app. I have Version 3.3 And I need version 4.something. How do I update the app on my model 3050x-roku 2xd?  Roku does not give me the option. I’ve tried deleting and reloading the app; deleting the app, restarting roku...reinstalling the cbs app and nothing will work to update this silly app. 

I didn't believe that player supported CBS All Access, but surprisingly it is listed on the CBS support page. However, that player is no longer supported by Roku (as of Sept last year if I recall), so doesn't receive Roku OS updates. It's possible that it requires a newer version of the Roku OS to work correctly, and that's something you'll never get on your Roku. You can't force an update of either the Roku OS or any channel. They have to be made available for your device and your version of OS.

The 3050 was released in July 2011, and is extremely underpowered for most modern Roku channels. I have a 3100, which is virtually identical to yours, and I stopped using it two years ago because it couldn't run some channels.

Looking at the Roku supported device list on the CBS page, I see they haven't listed any models newer than the Roku 3. That implies they haven't updated their list since 2013 or '14. My guess is your player is no longer supported and CBS has never updated their list. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Mom2hem

Jump to solution

Thank you so much!  I’ve searched for over two hours for a solution. I really appreciate it!  Very very much. Guess I’ll have to invest in the latest roku. 

0 Kudos
Vic42670
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I was gonna say I don’t know if an older model is the reason For your issues as I’ve had the same Roku players for many years... I think I got them over 5 years ago , but I just checked and they are model 4200,(x or something) . So yeah now I’d agree a 3100 series must be quite old and probably the issue , or definitely not helping .

0 Kudos
hazen

Re: CBS all access isnt working.....

Jump to solution

I am having this issue. I am not given the option to uninstall the app. I can cancel my subscription or move the app, but no option to "Remove App" is given. ???????

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@hazen wrote:

I am having this issue. I am not given the option to uninstall the app. I can cancel my subscription or move the app, but no option to "Remove App" is given. ???????

I believe CBS has their app configured that you can't delete it without signing out, although that's not what I'm seeing on my Ultra 4670. I had never logged into CBS on this player, so when I checked it had the option to remove the channel. I then logged into the channel, and again checked. It still shows Remove channel as an option. 

I did check in the settings and you can log out of your CBS account and that might allow removing the channel. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
At1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@hazen , I was having the same issue.  You actually have to cancel your subscription before it allows you to remove the channel.  They must have it set up that way so folks won't remove the channel thinking that cancer's the subscription.  Once you cancel the option to remove the channel will appear.  I was so sick of the way Roku interfaces with this app I cancelled my CBS subscription.  I tried to then subscribe directly through CBS and it would not allow me. A MESS! 

0 Kudos
mohnkern
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I noticed today on my tcl Roku tv the cbs all access app crashes after starting up.   It happened around the same time the amazon prime app started crashing.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@mohnkern 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mbroer
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

If removing and reinstalling the Roku app does not work, test your internet connection. I know for me personally, my router was old and far away. Once i updated to a newer router and placed it closer, my problems went away

0 Kudos