Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
numedpick
Channel Surfer

Re: Cbs all access issue

Jump to solution

atc 98092

Dan,  

Glad they updated the software finally. I too have an Ultra. Do you use the CBS all Acces parental controls? I had dropped CBS because the App ceased to offer me the parental password override. It still worked on laptop or AMazon fire stick, but on Roku it would dump me out of the app if I selected an original like "Interrogation" if I selected while the parental password portion was on? Do you know if that was fixed on the newest software?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

No idea what was fixed/changed. I used it on my 4640 for several hours yesterday watching NCIS without a problem. 

Just adults in the house, so have never touched the parental settings, sorry. 🙂

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Carl-J
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

stand alone roku is with 9.1 build 5006 is a 3100xs

LOL...  i had one of the first gen roku's, now retired ....  i thot this 3100 would last along time ..  guess i was fooled !     perhaps time to retire it as well...  however ... my new onn 32" bulit in roku will still not stream cbs well..

my cbs build is :

3100xs -     version 3.3 bulid 20200309

on my onn -   version 3.4  build 20200414

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@Carl-J wrote:

stand alone roku is with 9.1 build 5006 is a 3100xs

LOL...  i had one of the first gen roku's, now retired ....  i thot this 3100 would last along time ..  guess i was fooled !     perhaps time to retire it as well...  however ... my new onn 32" bulit in roku will still not stream cbs well..

my cbs build is :

3100xs -     version 3.3 bulid 20200309

on my onn -   version 3.4  build 20200414

Oh yeah, the 3100 (Roku 2 XS) is really outdated and no longer supported. I have one in the bottom of my desk drawer, and have no clue what happened to the other one. 😄 I have no doubt it is incapable of playing CBS All Access. That box is just way too low on power. I'm surprised that CBS even permits it to be installed on a box that old. Another example is YouTube. Yes it is installed and will play. But it is extremely slow and will suddenly freeze and reboot the Roku. Time for a replacement. 

Dan

0 Kudos
At1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello Everyone,

I have been back and forth by phone and email with CBS for two months and they can't give me a solution to this issue (buffering, show stopping, getting kicked back to the Roku home screen when trying to watch a show). I've uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted, speed tested, checked for updates, they keep giving me the same canned solutions that don't work. I finally decided to cancel CBS All Access because it shouldn't take 3 hours to watch a one hour show. My subscription lasts a few more days and I will try to get through the rest of Discovery. CBS and ROKU should be ashamed and publicly humiliated for this piss poor service to paying customers. Roku is a huge platform, you'd think they would be invested I'm fixing the problem. Good luck to you all! I'm sick of trying. CBS/Roku will no longer receive my funds.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Since you are having trouble with the CBS AA app, there is the possibility of using another app (and a CBS AA subscription through them) to watch CBS AA -  Amazon offers CBS AA, as does Apple, which you can then watch through the Prime and Apple TV apps, respectively.

Additionally, you can even link your Apple TV-based CBS AA subscription to your CBS/CBS All Access profile, thus allowing you to watch/use any CBS AA content on the actual CBS AA app too, should you so choose.

Thus you have the ability to get access to CBS AA using either app (Apple TV or CBS AA), with preferred quality (CBS AA on Apple TV supports Dolby Vision/HDR) and/or UI, etc.

0 Kudos
mekellj

Re: CBS all access isnt working.....

Jump to solution

There is no option to remove the cbs all access channel on my roku.  

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@mekellj wrote:

There is no option to remove the cbs all access channel on my roku.  

While I have never done it, the information is you have to log out of the channel first, then the remove option is there. You log out of the channel from within it in the settings menu.

Dan

0 Kudos
MGold

Jump to solution

I have the same exact issue. I’ve also started it again to no avail. CBS won’t do anything about it.

I’m canceling the subscription

0 Kudos
MGold

Jump to solution

If you purchase the application directly from CBS you won’t be able to remove it from the Roku. That happened to me with another application. You’d have to call CBS and cancel and then re-subscribe if you want to. You can only remove on Rocco what you purchased through Roku directly. 
it’s frustrating to know that a lot of people are having this problem and CVS doesn’t care about it. Maybe if everybody would cancel their subscription they might do something about it. I thought it was because my Roku is older but I think it’s just a glitch in the system.

0 Kudos