Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carl-J
Channel Surfer

Re: Cbs all access issue

Jump to solution

I have removed the app so many times i am blind and can do it in my sleep.... there is no reason to why and when the app will work...     i can try to watch a show and get booted over and over for  a hour show  takes me 5 hours to watch... then i select another one and i can watch it in less than 2 hours and then... suddenly... one episode will play with out issues....  5.99 for this ??  

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I agree, no sense paying for something that doesn't work correctly. Beyond doing a full factory reset, which is a huge pain to reconfigure, I can't think of anything else that can be tried. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Carl-J
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

yah know...  i'm just going to dump cbs all access totally...  they don't give an app that is ready for the cord cutters...  i did my 30 day trial...     not thrilled with the shows they have btw....  not thrilled that the app keeps crashing on roku and no one seems to have a good solution for it...  just speculation on how to deal with it.  oh yes,  i have installed, deleted, rebooted, powered up and down, checked connections...  **bleep** bad app that cbs needs to make sure their VPN's work and they can reach out as demand needs

yes the app works fine for me ...  one time... and then the next... its a bomb... once good  and then...  restart and restart...  just not my type of streaming.   

0 Kudos
Vic42670
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

As if a couple days ago I noticed an update for the cbs app and since have updated on all my roku streaming devices. And cross my fingers so far all has been good ANd seems to be working Properly .... granted I’ve mostly watched live tv and only a couple replay shows ( including finishing ones locked up before the update) .... so I’d check to see if maybe the app is due for an update , like I said the update was just released recently ... otherwise good luck , I know your frustration well

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I was wondering about the issue about how to delete the channel. I subscribe directly with CBS All Access, and I can remove the channel just like any other. For those that don't have that option, are you subscribing through Roku?

0 Kudos
Jargrok
Reel Rookie

Re: CBS Channel

Jump to solution

I also watched the whole Picard season 1 without problems. Then when I went to watch Discovery that's when I experienced all the problems people are describing, to the point of being unwatchable on my Roku enabled TV. I watch it on my PC now. The sure way to make the problems appear is to try and fast forward or reverse, where it then forces you to watch the commercials that were 'skipped'.  

0 Kudos
Carl-J
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

last update i had was march 11th on my roku tv.  ( day of purchase ) ... 9.2.2  build 4141...  cbs still bomb out

softare on my stand alone box is   9.1.0  build 5006   checked on april 25th ....  last update dec 5th no update available. 

can watch sometimes,  other times can't ... don't push it off to network congestion with my IP provider... only streaming issues i have is with CBS on all my devices...  computer stream works with out a flaw

🙂

0 Kudos
Carl-J
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

put my 2nd antenna up and enjoy OTA.... getting 46 channels now off the antenna... sure i can find something to watch and still get CBS from my local station..  

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@Carl-J wrote:

last update i had was march 11th on my roku tv.  ( day of purchase ) ... 9.2.2  build 4141...  cbs still bomb out

softare on my stand alone box is   9.1.0  build 5006   checked on april 25th ....  last update dec 5th no update available. 

can watch sometimes,  other times can't ... don't push it off to network congestion with my IP provider... only streaming issues i have is with CBS on all my devices...  computer stream works with out a flaw

🙂

What Roku player do you have that only has 9.1 on it? 9.2 has been out for a very long time, except for the oldest players that are no longer supported. And those older players shouldn't even be able to run CBS All Access. 

The version of CBS All Access I have on my Ultra 4640 is 3.4 build 20200414. If the build number is based on the date released, it came out 11 days ago. I watch CBS almost every day, both with a Roku and my Shield players. No problem with any of them.

Dan

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@Carl-J wrote:

put my 2nd antenna up and enjoy OTA.... getting 46 channels now off the antenna... sure i can find something to watch and still get CBS from my local station..  

Yep, I dropped my satellite years ago, maybe 6-7 years. I have a large TV antenna hanging inside my garage, and I get about 50 channels OTA. We don't miss the "cable" channels at all. I only subscribed to CBS for Picard and DIscovery, and have started watching some older episodes of NCIS as well. But the vast majority of media we watch are DVDs and Blu Rays I've ripped onto a server, and watch with my Roku players/TVs and Nvidia Shield player. I can't justify at all what cable/satellite charge, because there's really nothing they offer I want. 

Dan

0 Kudos