Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tcat007
Streaming Star

Re: CBS Channel

Jump to solution

I watched Discovery and Picard with no issues, that's all I really wanted. Actually recorded all Picard with Playon. I cancelled, and still can watch until the 25th. I'll be happy to pay for a month after Picard season 2 if that happens. 

0 Kudos
numedpick
Channel Surfer

Re: CBS Channel

Jump to solution

I have no trouble with the CBS parental controls turned off.

When I turn them on to limit MA and adult offerings it is supposed to require a password that I do not get. When people say they have no problems I am trying to see if they have parental controls enabled, which you can only do from the Web in your account. Not thru the app

0 Kudos

Re: CBS all access isnt working.....

Jump to solution

Thank you for your advice. However, there is no "Remove Channel" choice when using the * while highlighting CBS All Access.  Instead it offers the choice to manage subscription.  That said, other non-subscription channels do have that option.  I will cancel the subscription and restart Roku as you instructed and then try to remove it.

0 Kudos
Tcat007
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Yes, that happened to me. Make sure you don't have an account through CBS through browser. Try signing up there. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Dave_Barfield wrote:

Thank you for your advice. However, there is no "Remove Channel" choice when using the * while highlighting CBS All Access.  Instead it offers the choice to manage subscription.  That said, other non-subscription channels do have that option.  I will cancel the subscription and restart Roku as you instructed and then try to remove it.

I believe that someone found that if you log out of the app, the remove option becomes available. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Vic42670
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yeah if you want to remove the app you have to “manage subscription “ unsubscribe there ,then You hit app options and remove is there . I don’t know your exact issue but I can tell you it didn’t fix my issues . The problem was with cbs not roku . Which I just waited till later ( maybe next day ) and the app was finally working right again ... good luck. 

0 Kudos
scottlb

Jump to solution

CBS Access does not allow channel removal... it only allows channel unsubcribing... which i will probably do since i usually give up watching since it continually crashes.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@scottlb wrote:

CBS Access does not allow channel removal... it only allows channel unsubcribing... which i will probably do since i usually give up watching since it continually crashes.

Yes, it does. You have to log out of the channel first, then you can remove it. 

What model Roku are you using? I've watched CBS AA on my Ultra 4640 extensively and have never had an issue. I've had a color problem with the app on my Shield, but only on Star Trek: Discovery. Everything else was fine, and that show is fine on my Roku.

Dan

0 Kudos
Carl-J
Channel Surfer

Re: Cbs all access issue

Jump to solution

I have 3 roku devices, 2 are stand alone cubes and 1 is a roku enabled tv  ( NEW AS OF MARCH 2020 ) . CBS all access keeps freezing, playing the same ad over and over again, or my devices go blank and then reboot. it took 3 days of trying to get through one episode of the new twilight zone... one time, starting back into one episode and getting thrown into the next episode. This is the only app that i have this continued issue with... I get better play back from free apps with out the frustration of having to start and stop and reboot and sometimes never getting past the last point where i was kicked out and have to start over again.

I can switch to another app after a failure and have no issue streaming content on any device... I go back to CBS and within moments, stutter, blank screen and then the ultimate reboot of roku.

i am glad you have me the option of a 30 day trial... but ii found it to be not acceptable

I see many posts of the same issue going on with other users, so i am confident it is just not me. I will be sending a copy of this email to Roku as well In hopes there will be a resolution to this issue soon... my 30 day trial of CBS All Access was nothing more than frustrating but continue to enjoy the other options that Roku has available. I will continue to use my OTA for my networks and let CBS All Access lay low until this issue is rectified by the providers.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Re: Cbs all access issue

Jump to solution

@Carl-J wrote:

I have 3 roku devices, 2 are stand alone cubes and 1 is a roku enabled tv  ( NEW AS OF MARCH 2020 ) . CBS all access keeps freezing, playing the same ad over and over again, or my devices go blank and then reboot. it took 3 days of trying to get through one episode of the new twilight zone... one time, starting back into one episode and getting thrown into the next episode. This is the only app that i have this continued issue with... I get better play back from free apps with out the frustration of having to start and stop and reboot and sometimes never getting past the last point where i was kicked out and have to start over again.

I can switch to another app after a failure and have no issue streaming content on any device... I go back to CBS and within moments, stutter, blank screen and then the ultimate reboot of roku.

i am glad you have me the option of a 30 day trial... but ii found it to be not acceptable

I see many posts of the same issue going on with other users, so i am confident it is just not me. I will be sending a copy of this email to Roku as well In hopes there will be a resolution to this issue soon... my 30 day trial of CBS All Access was nothing more than frustrating but continue to enjoy the other options that Roku has available. I will continue to use my OTA for my networks and let CBS All Access lay low until this issue is rectified by the providers.

Well, it's working fine on my Ultra 4640 and my Nvidia Shield players. You might try removing the channel (you have to log out of CBS All Access within the channel first), rebooting the Roku (required step) then reinstalling it again. This has cleared it for some users. 

Dan

0 Kudos