Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tcat007
Streaming Star

Re: CBS Channel

Jump to solution

That obviously doesn't work, there is no "remove channel" pressing the * key. You only get "manage..."  , then you have to unsubscribe to get the "remove"  to appear. Doing this and subscribing through a PC or browser worked for me. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Tcat007 wrote:

That obviously doesn't work, there is no "remove channel" pressing the * key. You only get "manage..."  , then you have to unsubscribe to get the "remove"  to appear. Doing this and subscribing through a PC or browser worked for me. 

Just checked my Roku TV, and Remove Channel is there. However, I don't believe I've logged into the channel on this specific device. I had never seen the remove function missing before, so that's new info for me. Thanks! 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Just check on my Roku 4. I am logged into the channel, and the remove option is available.

CBSRemove.jpg

0 Kudos
numedpick
Channel Surfer

Re: Cbs all access issue

Jump to solution

For those using CBS app on Roku streaming stick or Roku Ultra- is no one else having an issue with having the parental controls activated and instead of asking for the code to watch a restricted show, it kicks you out of the app.?

his does not happen on a laptop accessing CBS all access or Amazon fire stick (our daughter uses one). 

I emailed CBS and followed all their suggestions to no avail.  Any other suggestion besides buy an Amazon stick?

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@numedpick wrote:

For those using CBS app on Roku streaming stick or Roku Ultra- is no one else having an issue with having the parental controls activated and instead of asking for the code to watch a restricted show, it kicks you out of the app.?

his does not happen on a laptop accessing CBS all access or Amazon fire stick (our daughter uses one). 

I emailed CBS and followed all their suggestions to no avail.  Any other suggestion besides buy an Amazon stick?

Nope, not happening on my Ultra. It's been a couple if days since I've used it, but I use CBS pretty heavily.

Dan

0 Kudos
numedpick
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

And you have parental controls in place? If so, I am at a loss

0 Kudos
Vic42670
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I didn’t have the remove channel until I canceled subscription First ... then I removed channel, restarted roku, added channel back... and still at last commercial break for show I watched it didn’t go to commercial but to another show completely .... I tried all suggestions multiple times ... guess I’ll never see the ending of this weeks seal team .

0 Kudos
Tcat007
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Very weird. I just checked and remove is there. When I signed up through Roku (ultra) the other day, I was unable to login, just kept going back to choose $5.99 or $9.99. I tried removing at that point and there was only manage, no remove. So I hit manage, then unsubscribe. There was then a remove button. I went to PC and applied for free month, and I could login with what I'd used on the Roku. Then everything Roku started working. My Roku account said I cancelled, but on the CBS account said I was active. I must have had an old CBS account that screwed something up. Never had All Access. 

Vic42670
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yeah there’s no remove channel till you unsubscribe , which I ended up doing . Then Tried all Suggestions up to this point Multiple times and same thing , at last commercial break it just jumped to another show completely ... I’m just not destined to see the end of this weeks seal team lol.... I have older roku(s) I think it’s a 3 ... but till now they e been fairly bullet proof , so I’m thinking cbs app is the problem . Possibly due to the whole covid **bleep** and more people streaming lately at same time , I don’t know.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@Vic42670 wrote:

Yeah there’s no remove channel till you unsubscribe , which I ended up doing . Then Tried all Suggestions up to this point Multiple times and same thing , at last commercial break it just jumped to another show completely ... I’m just not destined to see the end of this weeks seal team lol.... I have older roku(s) I think it’s a 3 ... but till now they e been fairly bullet proof , so I’m thinking cbs app is the problem . Possibly due to the whole covid **bleep** and more people streaming lately at same time , I don’t know.

You shouldn't have to unsubscribe, just log out of the app on the Roku. But that behavior certainly is bizarre.

However, CBS has had issues with their app on other platforms as well. On my Shield, it often forgets I was logged in, until I hit the subscribe button and it suddenly remembered. And for whatever reason, Star Trek: Discovery was unwatchable on the Shield because the colors were all off, like one of the three primary colors was removed. But it plays fine on my Roku, and all other titles look fine. I can watch NCIS or Picard without a problem on the Shield. Just Discovery is messed up. So I really point to CBS as the culprit here, not Roku. They just haven't gone a bang up job on their app programming. 

Dan