Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LegacyIII
Reel Rookie

Re: CBS All Access video-on-demand problems since 9.2 update, live tv fine

Jump to solution

CBS All Access Canada hasn't worked since they updated their Roku App on November 13. The App brings you back to home screen. CBS claims they have alerted ROKU to the problem. I've been on ROKU for 5 years and have never had an App not work and that includes free ''channels''. Surprising how CBS can't fix this. I was sorry to have to cancel. Did not sign up to watch on PC!

treky66

Jump to solution

January 2020 and still no fix.  I've got 4 x Rokus... CBS App does not work on any.   I'm not even sure how to UNINSTALL since the remove option seems to get overwritten with "manage subscription"

@LegacyIII wrote:

CBS All Access Canada hasn't worked since they updated their Roku App on November 13. The App brings you back to home screen. CBS claims they have alerted ROKU to the problem. I've been on ROKU for 5 years and have never had an App not work and that includes free ''channels''. Surprising how CBS can't fix this. I was sorry to have to cancel. Did not sign up to watch on PC!

0 Kudos
mbroer
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

To confirm that this issue lies with Roku and their 9.2 update, one of my Roku devices was an older Roku 3 that had not updated.   I could watch CBS All Access just fine.  The other day it did an auto update.  Now it also does not work. 

This has been going on for too many months now.  When is Roku going to stop pointing the finger and accept the fact that this update caused the issue. 

LegacyIII
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My experience points to CBS all access as being the problem. The service no longer worked on both my   Rokus (old and new) as of their Nov. 13 app update. The CBS app was updated a few days ago: version b1022020. They do not indicate the date of the update, just 2020...  Now both my Rokus are streaming CBS all Access. I have never in 5 years have an app not work on Roku except CBS all Access.

0 Kudos
mbroer
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

So.. and update..  and a weird one..

I spent 40 minutes on the phone with a very helpful rep from CBS All Access.  After doing the usual troubleshooting (resetting routers, clearing cache, etc .) we found something interesting.  Older shows opened fine.  Seemed to be an issue with the newer, more high resolution shows it seemed.  Then, and here is the weird part, I noticed I had about 7 shows in the 'Continue watching' section.  Interestingly, those shows opened without an issue.  The tech and I were thinking maybe there is an underlying issue with Rokus and the number of shows you have in the 'Continue watching' section.  So, I watched those and cleared them out.  I then went and tried to open another show and what do you know, it launched.

I will say that I did get the error message one or 2 times, but at least I could watch something now.

The issue MAY be a combination of Roku's v9.2 and an update to the CBS app that may require more bandwidth/resources now.  The fact that my older Roku device had NO issues until it updated to v9.2 indicates this loud and clear.  I will continue troubleshooting and post my findings here.  I just wanted to share the update

Jump to solution

We have been experiencing the same issue for several weeks now with no resolution. I'm hoping they'll notice and push some kind of update to correct this. We pay monthly for the service and use frequently...

DocSmith

Jump to solution

Uggh.  Me too!  I cannot play CBS movies or clips on any of my several Rokus (version 9.2.0, cbs aa version 3.1).  Strangely, I am able to play CBS TV show episodes.  

0 Kudos
mbroer
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Just an update.  I experienced some issues again yesterday.  I got out of it for a bit and went back in and was able to stream.  I will be upgrading my router in the coming weeks to rule in or rule out an issue with bandwidth..  i still have an old one that may be causing some of the bandwidth issues.  I will post another update once that is done

0 Kudos
MCAp6
Reel Rookie

CBS Channel

Jump to solution

Having trouble streaming CBS all access channel. Trying to remove channel tile & it will not display 'remove channel's. Any ideas on how to fix it?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: CBS Channel

Jump to solution

Is the cbs AA on the home screen? Or is it in Roku ch or amazon app?

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos