Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sorahl

Re: CBS all access isnt working.....

Jump to solution

This did not fix my the problem at all.  CBS all access works for me everywhere BUT on my Roku.

works on my phone, tablet, website on my computers and on my Amazon Fire TV.

not my Roku Ultra

DoNotMessWithIt
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I actually received an email follow-up to my phone call to CBS All Access.  They apologized for the difficulty I am experiencing with the app and indicated that they are working on a solution. 

The problem with CBS All Access is only occurring on the Roku platform.  The app continues to work fine on iOS and Android.  As does YouTube app, which no longer even launches on my Roku.

shelleyp
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Curious, did they say what the problem was?

0 Kudos
19097media
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Same issue here - called CBS last night - a known issue they are working on, no ETA.  Said they'd give a 10% credit on the next billing cycle but since we pay annually not sure what that gets us!  

0 Kudos
DoNotMessWithIt
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Tanner, Danny and company:  FYI, the "Solved" issues column is not accurately listing the screen-name of the last posted reply.  Perhaps this is karma for your practice of falsely asserting that ongoing issues are "Solved."

Thank  you for your post, 19097media, indicating that you were offered a 10% refund by CBS All Access.  I was not offered this refund, perhaps because I was one of the first subscribers to call about this, before it was a "known issue."  I also pay annually, so I expect the modest refund will be provided in the form of a credit.

As of today, CBS All Access video-on-demand function on Roku is limited to selecting and viewing the default episode of any listed show.  Navigation to shows works, but once a show is selected I can only watch the default episode that appears; navigation to thumbnails of other episodes is disabled. 

Roku Community moderators can merge the CBS All Access threads and mark them as "Solved" in order to manage the PR impact of these discussions, but users and developers alike are, at this point, fully aware that the 9.2 software was written to support the big bucks rollout of Disney+ and has broken other apps including YouTube, ABC and CBS All Access.

Tkoebel42
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've been having this same issue, but when I try to remove the channel, I can't. When I first open the options menu, I see "Remove Channel", but before I can click that option, it changes to "Manage Subscription".

0 Kudos
Kimmygurl

Jump to solution

This app actually freezes and shuts down my whole tv lately!! I will probably just cancel because no other app on Roku does this. 

0 Kudos
Bookenz

Jump to solution

Same issue for me as a new subscriber. Looks like it’s been ongoing former 6 months and still not fixed? I have rebooted, restarted, reinstalled etc several times and it is not working. Is there a new solution yet? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Bookenz 

Thanks for the note.

I'd recommend reaching out to CBS All Access directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform is developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. 

You can reach them here: https://cbsi.secure.force.com/CBSi/knowledgehome?referer=cbs.com/aa

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jpurssey

Re: CBS All Access video-on-demand problems since 9.2 update, live tv fine

Jump to solution

me too, for weeks now it just boots up back to home. I cant seem to fix it

0 Kudos