Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AJohnson
Level 7

Catch up apps not available

We brought a Roku premier - we have tried searching to download bbc i player and catch up apps like this but can’t find them anywhere. Also some English apps says not available in your country yet we are in England. Does anyone know how we can download i player etc and why it says certain English channels are not available in country (which is England)

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Catch up apps not available

You wrote, "We brought...", did you mean "We bought"?  I ask because if you set it up outside of England, or even created your Roku account outside of England, and brought it to England it will not give you the UK channels.  Also, if you were or are using a VPN that can mess things up.

You may want to just start over creating a new Roku account making sure you're really in England and there's nothing masking your true location.  You'd have to factory reset your Roku to link it to the new Roku account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
AJohnson
Level 7

Re: Catch up apps not available

We are in England and set it up in England 

0 Kudos