Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nattiegirl72
Level 7

Casting to another person

Some how my neighbor is connected to my casting account and I don't know how to delete it

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Casting to another person

What do you mean by "casting account?"

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @Nattiegirl72

I hope you're doing well.

Please note that for casting to work, the supported app must be installed on both the mobile device and your Roku streaming device. Your phone or tablet must also be connected to the same wireless network as your Roku player.

When you say your neighbor is connected to your casting account, do you see it when you tap the casting icon on your mobile device or on your Roku screen? Please let us know as well if you're referring to casting not screen mirroring. 

You can visit this link to understand more about screen mirroring: How do I use screen mirroring with my Android™ or Windows® device?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Nattiegirl72
Level 7

I have the cast app where I can send what I'm watching to another device  my neighbor must have a Roku tv and picked up my signal not I don't know how to get her off my account feed

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Nattiegirl72 wrote:

I have the cast app where I can send what I'm watching to another device  my neighbor must have a Roku tv and picked up my signal not I don't know how to get her off my account feed

There are many many apps that run on mobile devices that can cast to Roku devices. Some phones can also mirror their output to Roku devices.

When casting, a device actually launches an app on the target device. You can cast from many apps, which will open the corresponding Roku app, which will pick up playing the content from the point it was on the phone. Some people are under the impression that the phone is actually delivering the content to the Roku device. It's not. It's simply telling the Roku device which app to launch and what to play from that app.

The phrase "the cast app" doesn't really make sense. There is no "the" cast app. Many many many apps can cast. To which app are you referring?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos