Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DawnGilbert
Level 7

Car shield commercial crashes Roku on the Roku Channel

I am watching Eureka on the Roku channel and the Car shield commercial crashes my Roku. It crashes all the way back to a "no signal" notice. Roku hast to restart every time this particular commercial comes on. The screen goes blue with a corner square or six flashing in the upper left corner. I've Googled the answer on Roku comments and the answers date back to 1/2020. Is there any answer for this current problem?

6 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Car shield commercial crashes Roku on the Roku Channel

@DawnGilbert

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the following information:

-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
DawnGilbert
Level 7

Model 3500x Roku stick

Serial number 2L543X085718

Software version 9.4.0 build 4200-09

Roku channel:

Channel version 423, GC 4.4.35

Software version 9.4.0 build 4200-09

Device ID 2L543X085718

Trouble reproducing problem. Car shield doesn't play that often (thank goodness) Might be able to give information in the future. 

Channel Roku channel It happens during TV series Eureka. Screen goes all blue or black with small digital like squares in the upper left corner

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@DawnGilbert

Thanks for the information.

I have passed along what you have provided to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
tigerdave
Level 7

having same problem, posted about it a week ago on ruku facebook page, just happened again.  it is on the roku channel this happens for me.  Home button not working, probably will have to unplug to crash box and reload. then i will find the info the ... it crashed by itself. i have to wonder, if this was reported weeks ago. it seems they are doing NOTHING to fix this? it is obviously something wrong with the car shield commercial as it is happening on different channels.  and now i do not see the list of info this guy wanted?  I should be able to edit this? if not, i will just not go to the roku channel, or watch the other commercials either. until i forget how dysfunctional roku is and go through this again.  To get this far into a show and not be able to watch it.

0 Kudos
tigerdave
Level 7

my goodness, the car shield commercial is crashing your Roku channel,  take the freaking commercial down. 2 of us are reporting this, how many thousands are not? they just leave the roku channel, in disgust and go to thier fire sticks, or another non-commercial channel, which i am doing now.. kind of sad that you cannot just take that one commercial offline and figure it out. but there is no fix for stupid, is there.

model 4230x -roku 3

software version 9.4.0 build 4210-04

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@tigerdave

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that we are working on resolving this issue and once more information becomes available I'll be sure to update the Community.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos