Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Cant get Roku Tv Channel or Pluto Tv Channel

Hi i have just purchased this Roku Premier second hand and have reset it and set it up but cant seem to find the Roku Tv Channel and Pluto tv channel when you go to choose channels to install they are nowhere to be seen and in the online instructions it says to go to search option but i dont seem to have this on the premier can anyone help thank you . 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Cant get Roku Tv Channel or Pluto Tv Channel

Where are you located? The Roku Channel is only available in the US, Canada, and maybe the UK. Most likely due to licensing restrictions on the content. I can't say for Pluto but it could be for the same reason.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi not sure if you were asking but i have a Roku Premier SKU# 3920UK and i live in the UK .

My understanding was that Roku rolled out the Roku channel in uk or have i been fed false info ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

@bignell2000 wrote:

Hi not sure if you were asking but i have a Roku Premier SKU# 3920UK and i live in the UK .

My understanding was that Roku rolled out the Roku channel in uk or have i been fed false info ?

I'm not certain if it has, but I thought that was accurate. Again, I can't say about Pluto. 

So, any chance your Roku account was created in another country, or you were using a VPN? Either of those might cause expected channels to not be available. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I might have had a vpn online at the time could i turn that off and reset the Roku then try again as in it wouldnt conflict with my account i have at the moment would it or would i have to start another account ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

@bignell2000 wrote:

I might have had a vpn online at the time could i turn that off and reset the Roku then try again as in it wouldnt conflict with my account i have at the moment would it or would i have to start another account ?

If the VPN was on when you created the account, then it's certainly possible you need to create a new one using a UK connection and email address. If it was off when the account was created, then you should be able to turn it off now and find the channels that are available in the UK.

Dan
0 Kudos