Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: How to add Disney plus to 'My Channels'

Jump to solution

What is the model of your Roku Express+ anyway?

~Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I created my account in Portugal. I'm trying to install Disney Plus in Portugal and the channel is available here since September 15th. I have a Roku Ultra. Still it says that the channel is not available in my region. It doesn't seem possible that my account would be registered anywhere but Portugal! 

It seems that the problem is with Roku and updating channel references, no? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@chuckyeager1970 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

You can reach Disney Plus support here.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Oleham
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Disney plus is avaliable in Europe now. But I still cannot add the channel... This is a pretty useless device!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

It's up to Disney to make it available via a Roku device in different regions.  Roku has no control over that.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Oleham
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That may be. But - as I have learned in this forum - the search option for channels is disabled, if you are not in the US, UK or Australia. That makes no sense! - What is the point of that? - why not open up to allow the use of other, local channels?

0 Kudos
manuelmarquez10
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Buenos días gusto saludarles, quisiera saber cuando estará disponible el canal de Disney Plus para la zona de Venezuela, dado a que hasta el momento no he podido agregar el canal.

O si es que debe realizar algún cambio en mi configuración, que debo hacer?

Agradeciendo su atención y apoyo

Saludos

0 Kudos
ignacioguzman01
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Now Disney Plus is available in Latin America too. So Roku should update system and let Latin America install Disney Plus too. I have a Disney Plus account created in Latin America. In a web browser i can watch it  but on Roku devices I cant install it. Please verify this Roku support. Thanks.

0 Kudos
ignacioguzman01
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Disney Plus is Now Available in Latin America (source: Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution).

Disney Plus is now available in Latin America. Please Roku team update system, so we can install Disney Plus.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@ignacioguzman01 wrote:

Now Disney Plus is available in Latin america too  so roku should update system and let Latin America install Disney Plus too  because i have a Disney Plus account created in Latin America and in browser i can watch  but in Roku i cant install it please verify this Roku support  thanks

It isn't Roku that has to make the change. Only Disney can designate where their Roku channel can be used. Roku has no control over that, and cannot override the settings of the channel developer. That is Disney. 

When you contact Disney, chances are the support person you speak to won't have any idea about this. They'll say Disney Plus is available in your country, so it's available on Roku. That isn't accurate. Disney must change their settings in the Roku channel store to permit the channel to be available there. The customer service staff usually have no real knowledge, and are simply reading from a script. You need to escalate the issue to someone at Disney that will understand the issue. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos