Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roeleveld
Streaming Star

Re: How to add Disney plus to 'My Channels'

Jump to solution

And Roku is unwilling to actually work towards resolving these issues where the Disney Plus channel isn't available in all the regions where the channel actually debuted.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You're making a guess. We have no idea if Roku has attempted to do so. Maybe, maybe not. I don't like to add anything I can't confirm. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Roeleveld
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

At this point, unless there is a clear communication from Roku stating otherwise, I will consider my guess to be true.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

Roku never communicates about internal activities. Don't hold your breath or you'll pass out. 😄

Dan

0 Kudos
Roeleveld
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

In this case, bad customer service.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

Almost no company discusses internal operations in public. Has nothing to do with customer service. 

Dan

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

You can reach Disney Plus support here.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ignacioguzman01
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I think that Roku in that part is wrong. All of us have spent money buying Roku equipment and I understand that Roku is not the one who restricts geographically. However, I do believe that they have the obligation to communicate with the developers and tell them that many Roku users have the Disney service available. They cannot install it. I do not think that is good for the business because if consumers are not happy they will stop spending the money to buy more Roku equipment.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@ignacioguzman01 wrote:

I think that Roku in that part is wrong, all of us have spent money buying roku equipment and I understand that roku is not the one who restricts geographically. but I do believe that they have the obligation to communicate with the developers and tell them that many Roku users have the Disney service available. they cannot install it. I do not think that is good for the business because if consumers are not happy they will stop spending the money to buy more roku equipment

For all we know, Roku has attempted this. We will never know, because Roku does not discuss internal communications and Disney will never admit they aren't doing things correctly.

But at the end of the day it's all on Disney to make their service available on Roku devices. They have sole control over the geographic availability of their service on different platforms. 

Dan

0 Kudos
Roeleveld
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Again chasing this with Disney Plus. Now the person from Disney Plus is claiming it is waiting for a contract between Roku and Disney Plus.

Roku: Is this true?

What is it Disney Plus needs to do. Is it simply a "tickbox" in the interface? Or is it a contractual agreement that needs to be signed? Please answer this question, if just a "tickbox", please provide a 'how to' that I can share with Disney Plus so we can get this resolved instead of going round in circles.

0 Kudos