Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neuronnarrow
Level 7

Cant Add Channels, Roku thinks Im international

I am in the US but can’t find any channels like ESPN because my roku thinks Im international. Im not and not doing anything strange with my router.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cant Add Channels, Roku thinks Im international

@neuronnarrow-  Where does a website like https://www.iplocation.net/ show the IP (internet protocol) number associated with your connection is located?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking " Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
neuronnarrow
Level 7

Hey, @makaiguy. It shows as in a large US city, which is why I'm confused.

I recently factory reset the TV because I couldn't figure out how to log out, not sure if that has something to do with it.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Might you have been connecting to the internet via a VPN server in another country when you set up this account, or when you factory reset the tv?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking " Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
neuronnarrow
Level 7

I was using a VPN on my computer (not the router itself) though still in the US. Worth a try resetting it again with it completely off. I'll also try creating another account with it off and see if that helps.

0 Kudos
neuronnarrow222
Level 7

This is the OP, I tried factory resetting the TV not connected to a VPN, didn't work. However, I tried a new email while not connected to a VPN, and that ended up working, so that must have been the issue. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos