Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Cannot watching content on The Roku Channel

Hi! I cannot watch anything on my Roku Channel. I have no playback whatsoever. I have two devices linked to my roku account and cannot play anything in either one! Zero playback. I already restarted both router and roku but to no avail, please help!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: No playback at all

What does "no playback" mean?

• Home page does not load?
  • Can't load channel from the channel grid?  Specific channel or all of them?
  • Can't select program once on channel?  Which channel?  Which program?
  • Program downloads but won't play?  Channel and prigram(s)?
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm having the same problem, worked fine in afternoon but starting yesterday evening it won't play any videos I select. It is just a blank screen, no picture, no indication of anything loading. I tried resetting the devices and few other things to no avail. I do have another roku - a latest version that works. It is hooked up to another TV in my house. Youtube seems to work on my computer and android phone as of this AM. My 2 devices not playing videos on Youtube are a Roku stick and an older roku device.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi

I can open the Roku channel and surf all I like, but then when I select something to play it and watch it... it freezes amd returns me to the menu

It started that I could not watch one show (without a trace) but now I cannot watch anything at all. No programs, no movies, no news... 

I cannot watch any program or movie in Roku Channel, but can browse all night long

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

@MonicaS158 wrote:

Hi

I can open the Roku channel and surf all I like, but then when I select something to play it and watch it... it freezes amd returns me to the menu

It started that I could not watch one show (without a trace) but now I cannot watch anything at all. No programs, no movies, no news... 

I cannot watch any program or movie in Roku Channel, but can browse all night long

If the problem is confined to The Roku Channel, have you tried reinstalling it?

Highlight The Roku Channel in the channel grid and press * on the remote.  Click on Remove channel.

Restart your Roku to clear its memory.  Settings > System > System restart.

Reinstall The Roku Channel from Streaming channels.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos