Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Louman
Level 7

Cannot start Sling - Roku version 8.0.1, build 4090

I have a Roku player 4630x.  It is on Software version 8.0.1, build 4090.
When I tried to use Sling today, it told me that Sling needed a software upgrade and to upgrade my Roku.
I when to the upgrade screen on Roku, and the last upgrade was on March 27, 2018.  So I asked Roku to upgrade itself.  But it came back that I have the latest upgrade.

That does not seem right.
Sling is still not working.
Other channels seem to work OK.

Anyone with ideas how to fix this?  I tried a power reset but it did not help.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: Cannot start Sling - Roku version 8.0.1, build 4090

Try removing Sling, rebooting the Roku, then reinstalling Sling.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Louman
Level 7

Thank You - it worked.
Do you happen to know why I am unable to upgrade the software on this Roku.  It tells me I have the latest but I have no updates since March.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

Roku doesn't roll out updates all at once. I've one box that has 8.1, and others that don't. That's just how they do it.
Basil
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
0 Kudos
Louman
Level 7

OK - Thanks! Basil!
0 Kudos
ronk5
Level 7

I tried removing the app, and doing a hard reset,but it still does not work. I tried other apps, and they work fine
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

"ronk5" wrote:
I tried removing the app, and doing a hard reset,but it still does not work. I tried other apps, and they work fine

Please provide your Roku model (to include model number, not just the name of the device), the Roku firmware version it's running (don't say "latest" but provide the actual version and build), and the app version. Also, you are talking Sling TV, not Sling Player, right?
Basil
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
0 Kudos
rdelcamp
Level 7

"Basil" wrote:
"ronk5" wrote:

Please provide your Roku model (to include model number, not just the name of the device), the Roku firmware version it's running (don't say "latest" but provide the actual version and build), and the app version. Also, you are talking Sling TV, not Sling Player, right?
0 Kudos