Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Cannot sign into HBONow

Jump to solution

I had an HBONow subscription though Amazon Prime Video Channels. It expired yesterday because I cancelled my Prime subscription. I purchased a new subscription directly through HBONow. I deleted the HBONow app from Roku. Rebooted my Roku. Redownloaded the HBONow app but still every time I launch the app I get a message saying "Check the status of your HBO subscription though Prime Video Channels at: amazon.com/videosubscriptions." I called HBO and they told me to call Amazon. Amazon told me to call Roku. I can't get through when I try to call Roku so I'm posting here. Help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Cannot sign into HBONow

Jump to solution

Just want to confirm to everyone reading this with the same issue that it was definitely HBO Now. Not Roku and not Amazon. HBO Now just now emailed me, apologized, told me it should now be fixed, and it was.

Anyone else with this problem needs to call HBO Now and then be prepared to be nice but hang tough. The support person you talk to and all the other support staff they then confer with are clueless. But they'll pass it on and that's when it gets resolved.

Thanks for your posts, @cupofpizza. Without your solution I'd still be going multiple rounds with Roku and Amazon.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

Sometimes these problems take care of themselves in a few.

It is between you and HBO now and or Prime though.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the exact same problem.

Did you find a solution?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I contacted HBO. Either they fixed it or it sorted itself out after a day or so. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Did you ever get resolution? I'm on the phone to HBO (as suggested by the other guy) and they are clueless....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Either HBO ended up fixing it or it just sorted itself out after a day or so. I can tell you that Amazon was ZERO help. They just wanted to make sure you gave them a good score on their survey. Smiley Sad Hang in there. 

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Just want to confirm to everyone reading this with the same issue that it was definitely HBO Now. Not Roku and not Amazon. HBO Now just now emailed me, apologized, told me it should now be fixed, and it was.

Anyone else with this problem needs to call HBO Now and then be prepared to be nice but hang tough. The support person you talk to and all the other support staff they then confer with are clueless. But they'll pass it on and that's when it gets resolved.

Thanks for your posts, @cupofpizza. Without your solution I'd still be going multiple rounds with Roku and Amazon.

View solution in original post