Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MWDXER
Level 10

Cannot sign in with HBO Now question

I have tried about everything to get re-authorized with HBO Now on the Roku Express without any luck. For some reason I lost the authorization on the Roku. I still have it on the Fire Stick. It works fine there with HBO Live and on Demand,but I cannot get it back on the Roku. I deleted HBO Now on the Roku and put it back in, but still no luck. I subscribed to HBO Now directly, as I did not have the the Fire Stick at the time. I wasn't sure on my e mail address I used (not 100% sure), but it shows on the Fire Stick info, but in using the e mail to re-set the password for the Roku, I get no response using that e mail address. I tried all of my e mail addresses, and still no response. If I knew how, I would guess drop HBO Now and pick it up elsewhere, on Roku channel or Amazon Prime. But I cannot figure that one either without the password. Any suggestions?  Thanks.
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Cannot sign in with HBO Now question

You should contact HBO to have your credentials re-set.
0 Kudos
MWDXER
Level 10

I did not see a place I could click that would do that. Is there a special spot to do that? I don't know if there is a live person available or a phone number either. I did not see one.
0 Kudos
MWDXER
Level 10

Interesting experience. Yes, I got HBO back on the Roku, but not as I expected. I have no idea how it happened, but I always subbed to HBO separately. In the beginning I had no firestick, just the Roku. I subbed to HBO for my Roku and then linked it to the Firestick when I got one last year, but sometime in the past, linking the Firestick to the HBO account, it automatically switched over to the subs I have through the Firestick, like Amazon Prime, and the free channels. No one told me, so when I lost authorization to only the Roku, I was left out in the dark. I called HBO, and was told I do not not have an account with them. I explained I have it on the Firestick, but not the Roku. They told me to call Roku, which I did and they checked my current subs and no HBO. They suggested I call HBO back. Well, I called Amazon instead and yes they found the sub, but it is now through Amazon. So somewhere it got switched without my knowledge. So I go to Amazon on the Roku, where I have the HBO subscription, not on HBO Now. Strange experience but at least I got it back.
0 Kudos