Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PapaJim

Cannot sign in to the curiosity stream channel

Jump to solution

I signed up for the curiosity stream channel through my Roku account and when I go to sign into the CuriosityStream channel it says it does not recognize my email and/or my password which I have tried five times now. I have subsequently canceled my subscription to the curiosity stream channel.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Cannot sign in to the curiosity stream channel

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for the note. If you need additional help with your Curiosity Stream account or login credentials, you can reach their support team here: https://help.curiositystream.com/hc/en-us

Each channel provider manages their own service accounts and login information and can assist you with getting logged into their channel/service on your Roku device. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
23 REPLIES 23
boogernose
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I would hope you contacted Curiosity Stream and explained this to them.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for the note. If you need additional help with your Curiosity Stream account or login credentials, you can reach their support team here: https://help.curiositystream.com/hc/en-us

Each channel provider manages their own service accounts and login information and can assist you with getting logged into their channel/service on your Roku device. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have the exact same issue with authenticating my login credentials with curiositystream when signing in. My curiositystream subscription is showing up in my roku account AND I KNOW that I am entering the same login credentials I used when signing up earlier today. 

Per the useless instructions from roku to the OP who first posted about this, I went to curiositystream. They don't have a record of me having an account with the email address I use for roku, which means roku is failing to properly link my subscription to curiositystream.

I was really looking forward to watching curiositystream content right after subscribing. Please fix this issue or cancel my subscription.

larzcat76

Jump to solution

I’m having the exact same issue. I can’t get help from Roku or Curiosity Stream. Have you been able to login, yet??

0 Kudos
LdeKlerk

Jump to solution

I am experiencing the same issue. They charged me and sent a confirmation to my email, thought they claim I never registered because my email does not exist! I explained my position in another email and the response was that I paid the 9.99 because I signed up. That is not the issue! Read the mail before you respond with a generic answer. Wow! I just want to watch the channel. I don't want to cancel.

0 Kudos
streamer12345
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is the most unpleasant way to sigh up for channel stream through Roku device. Purchased monthly subscription $2.99 to watch Curiosity Stream which had few steps only and was easy but then spent over an hour trying to figure out WHY Roku would not automatically link data for subscriber to watch instantly, similarly like amazon stream does or other brands in the same market. I had to go back to my Curiosity Stream account, which used few years ago, and sign in on my PC. There were no functions to link subscriptions either from Roku nor Curiosity Stream. Finally, after spending so much time I gave up and cancelled subscription. Will have to get connect with Roku during business hours to get $2.99 back!

0 Kudos
rickkfl

Curiosity Channel password no longer works

Jump to solution

Signed up for a year and password no longer works. I only use a couple different ones.  The channel kept on crashing my tv too. Froze tv completely to. It's a Roku tv. Had to do a reset. Now will not take password

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@LdeKlerk @streamer12345 

Thanks for the information.

For account and billing, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
streamer12345
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

To Roku,

Please advise on how I could get my money back for 2.99 charge which I never used due to not being able to watch on my TV. There is no easy way to get in contact with someone regarding this matter.

Please let me know!

0 Kudos