Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Namacinnis
Level 7

Cannot play previously recorded shows on Newsmax TV

I have two different roku devices, one an older purple streaming stick, the other I believe is a roku 3 wireless box. For the past 2-3 weeks, when I go to the Newsmax channel on roku, I can only play live tv. Won’t allow me to play previous shows of the day/ week. It’s happening on both devices. I click on the show, it says it’s retrieving data, with a circle going round and round, eventually it tells me not available in my location. Was working fine before. Anyone else have a similar issue?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
Grizzly236
Level 7

Re: Cannot play previously recorded shows on Newsmax TV

Yes, I'm having the exact same problem but it's intermittent. 

0 Kudos
R3drang3r
Level 7

Newsmax is not updating past episodes for Salcedo, Kelly, and others. Works fine in Newsmax app. Only happens when accessing Newsmax through Roku 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@R3drang3r

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's content and functionality, you'll want to contact Newsmax support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Newsmax support here: https://www.newsmax.com/contact/customerservicecontact/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos