Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CA-3
Reel Rookie

Cannot play movies on Watch TCM after 06Jun200 but play on my iPad

Jump to solution

Hello,    Anyone else experiencing this?

Approx 06Jan2020 one of my favorite channels Watch TCM stopped working on my Roku Ultra model 4660X.  Software V9.2.0 build 4807-46.  The last update was done 14Jan and checked today about 10 minutes ago. When I call up the app, I can navigate through all movie lists.  When I select a movie, I no longer have the ability to add to Watch List.  I can watch the Host Intro but when I select PLAY, I get this msg: “We apologize for the inconvenience, but the requested title is not available at this time.  Please select a different title. <OK>. “.     All titles have this message.    Funny thing is, I can play the movies via Watch TCM on my iPad with no problem.  I tried contacting TCM helpdesk (Zendesk) on 3 occasions beginning 06Jan2020 and have NEVER received a reply.      Has anyone else experienced this?   Seems like it is a problem with the app on my Roku (Yes, I did the uninstall, restart then reinstall process with no change in results).  Anyone have any suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
billhere
Channel Surfer

Re: Cannot play movies on Watch TCM after 06Jun200 but play on my iPad

Jump to solution

I had the same problem. I fixed it by signing out of the watchtcm app from settings, then signing back in. I had to enter an authentication code and provide information about my tv service provider again, but I can now view the films. 

Bill

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution
Sounds like you need to get your Roku signed into your TCM account. Scroll down to settings. Then go right and scroll down scroll down through all the Terms Of Use until the SIGN IN button lights up. Click on that and sign in with your TV provider credentials.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
CA-3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

On TCM app, I am signed into my Armstrong cable account.  This is visible in upper right corner.    I do not have a TV package any longer.  Haven’t for almost a year.  I’ve signed out and resigned back in.    Again, able to play the movies on my iPad (same network, same provider).  Just can’t get it through maybe Roku on my TV any longer. 

0 Kudos
alsjw

Jump to solution

Had same problem and contacted Watch TCM support many time by email and followed all the instructions to remove, reset, etc.  Nothing worked on either Roku devices or Fire TV Stick.  After another issue, purchased a new Roku Express+ and to our surprise Watch TCM worked again - for about 1 month!!!!

Now have same problem with no support in sight and no solution and an unhappy wife!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@alsjw 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Watch TCM support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
billhere
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I had the same problem. I fixed it by signing out of the watchtcm app from settings, then signing back in. I had to enter an authentication code and provide information about my tv service provider again, but I can now view the films. 

Bill

0 Kudos
tcmbuff1

Cannot play movies on Watch TCM after 06Jun200 but play on my iPad

Jump to solution

Answer.  Take your ROKU device unplug it and throw it into the trash.  Next.  Buy Apple TV box.  No problems loading TCM on that platform.   Problem solved

0 Kudos
billhere
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Bad advice. My Roku is a TCL smart tv. I already have an older Apple TV. I fixed the problem by uninstalling the TCM stream from my Roku TV and reinstalling it. 

coupe1942

Jump to solution

Really, really useless suggestion and not helpful at all. Not everyone has the cash these days to be buying other products just to do a fix on the Roku unit. It is like suggesting to someone to go buy a Cadillac if the stereo isn't working on their Ford. 😞

TCMFan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes I have never been able to watch TCM on Roku and it’s upsetting!

0 Kudos