Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cenderlein
Level 7

Cannot log in to my Acorn TV app on my Fire TV Stick

Jump to solution

I have an Acorn TV subscription with Roku and I am trying to use my Roku username and password to log into my Acorn TV app on my Fire TV Stick. I keep getting an 'incorrect username and/or password' rejection message. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your help.

Claus Enderlein

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Cannot log in to my Acorn TV app on my Fire TV Stick

Jump to solution

@cenderlein 

Thanks for the update.

For more information about that channel's account authentication, you'll want to contact Acorn TV support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Acorn TV support here: https://support.acorn.tv/en/support/home

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@cenderlein 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you have a subscription for Acorn TV through Roku Pay, you will only be able to watch Acorn TV on your Roku devices. If you would like to be able to access Acorn TV on any device you will need to subscribe to the channel through the channel provider directly.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
cenderlein
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is not correct. I tried to set up a new Acorn account on my Firestick and was rejected because an account with my email address already exists. It appears that my Acorn subscription on Roku is also valid on the Firestick, although it requires me to log in the first time I want to use it. My problem now is that I forgot my Acorn password or never had one (not sure which). Unfortunately, several requests for a password reset link have gone unanswered by Acorn. Can you provide me with that link? I have to tell you that this issue is becoming quite frustrating. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Claus Enderlein

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@cenderlein 

Thanks for the update.

For more information about that channel's account authentication, you'll want to contact Acorn TV support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Acorn TV support here: https://support.acorn.tv/en/support/home

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos