Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Cannot load onto the Amazon Prime Video Channel

Normally, I click on the Amazon Prime Video icon. Then the Amazon Prime logo comes up, then it takes me to the profile page. I then click on my name/profile. From there it goes to the home page so I can select what I want to watch. Now, when I click on the Amazon Prime icon the Amazon Prime logo comes up, but it then gets stuck there. It does not take me to my profile page. I cannot even exit the app. It stays stuck there.  Any help would be appreciated.  I already restarted my Roku device.  Removed and then added the Prime Video app.  Did a factory reset on my Roku.  Contacted Amazon Prime Tech support (no help).  Nothing has worked.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Cannot load onto the

Did your Roku recently update to software version 9.4?  Check at Settings->System->About.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Cannot load onto the Amazon Prime Video Channel

@cvp 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Cannot load onto the Amazon Prime Video Channel

Over 5 days now that Prime will not load.   Does Amazon only expect you to use a Firestick?

0 Kudos