Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lamstel

Cannot load OANN

I can not load OANN as it wants me to pay. I already have an account. What to do?

17 REPLIES 17
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Cannot load OANN

@Lamstel 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried signing into the OANN channel with your account credentials?

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
craponacracker
Reel Rookie

I am having same problem with OANN.  I subscribed to the OANN channel just today and have it loaded on two of my Roku's (one streambar and one streaming stick) but cannot add channel to my TCL Roku TV.  When I select OANN from search a screen comes up that states: Manage Subscriptions. Subscriptions are pre-paid and non-refundable. The subscription for 'One America News Network OAN' has been canceled and will expire. You may renew your subscription or add the channel again without renewing. 

Then it gives me three options:  (1) ADD CHANNEL, RENEW SUBSCRIPTION  (2) ADD CHANNEL, DO NOT RENEW SUBSCRIPTION (3) LEAVE UNCHANGED, EXIT   Very confusing! I do not wish to purchase the OAN Channel again since I just purchased/subscribed to it today.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@craponacracker 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you have the OANN channel on your other Roku devices, you shouldn't need to install the channel on your Roku TV, as your channels are linked to your Roku account. 

Can you try manually updating your Roku TV to see if the OANN channel is updated to your Home screen? For more information about how to manually update your Roku device/TV, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
craponacracker
Reel Rookie

Thank you for your response.   I just checked again and I now have OANN on my Roku TV. I did not need to manually update the TV....the channel was there once I turned it on today.  Thanks again.

DB6531

I can not load OAN on my ROKU either. I have made sure I had the current updated software and did a reset. Please rectify the issue.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@DB6531

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
carolinarider
Binge Watcher

The channel not be removed. In other words, when I have the channel highlight and press the "Asterisk" key on the remote (you know the one that allows you to move and remove channels) the ability to remove the channel is not present.  

I also verified by subscription is up to date.  

It would not load yesterday as well but it would at least start the little blue line but it only got 25% of the way and stopped.  

Second day

carolinarider
Binge Watcher

Oh,,, I did "restart" the ROKU device.  I did not power it down.  

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @carolinarider

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us more about the issue you're running into? Does it only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Furthermore, please be advised that if you are removing a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before you see the Remove channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel.

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator