Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iza
Level 7

Re: Tennis channel requires TV provider

Jump to solution

Hello @RokuDanny-R,

I subscribed to the Tennis channel on Roku. I do not have a TV provider. I like Roku and want to stream everything using my Roku device. I watch Netflix and Amazon Prime. 

from tennis channel: https://help.tennischanneleverywhere.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016358379-My-cable-provider-is-not-lis...

...Your subscription with them to get Tennis Channel will not reflect on our own platform and native website and app.

Here 'them' means non-traditional providers.

Please let me know how to watch it on Roku. You are charging the fees, how are you not able to stream it?

Please help. Thanks.

@Strega I tried the subscribe link on the tennis channel but it takes me to the select provider page.

0 Kudos
Strega
Level 15

Jump to solution

@iza, I went here and clicked on the subscribe button and it asked me to create an account.  Is that where you went?  There are other pages on their website with buttons labeled: "Sign in with TV provider".  Don't click on those since you don't have one.

Roku does have arrangements to do third-party billing for some content providers like netflix.  However, they don't seem to have that set up for this channel. That would be one of those things that would require both parties to agree to a contract and a system, and either they couldn't or they haven't gotten around to it yet.

0 Kudos
iza
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hello @Strega I was able to watch the Roland Garros matches just a few weeks ago on Roku.

Roku was streaming those when I logged into my tennis channel account.

This is a new development. If you can please ask someone at Roku. In the mean time, I'll try to subscribe to ESPN2 or something to watch the remaining Wimbledon matches.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Strega
Level 15

Jump to solution

It took me awhile to find this page but this looks like how you would contact them.

https://help.tennischanneleverywhere.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Since you have an account with them, they should be able to tell you how to access it on any device that they support.  If that fails, I saw this in their terms of service: comments@sbgi.net

Maybe if you log into your account, you'll see more contact/help options. 

0 Kudos
iza
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks @Strega . I'll try this.

0 Kudos