Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Novag
Level 7

Cannot launch Channel “not enough space”

Am currently up to date with system updates and cannot launch YouTube. Will load then says to remove channels not enough space. 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: ** Cannot launch Channel “not enough space”

@Novag

Thanks for the post.

What Roku model device are you using? Have you tried changing the screensaver to default? Have you tried removing any unused channels? After doing the above, try restarting your device to see if the issue is resolved.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Lonestargroomer
Level 7

Having same issues with my ROKU TV.  It says to delete channels for it to load..its been working fine until 4 days ago I haven't added any channels in months I deleted 10 channels and still same msg.  Now Apple TV won't load.  It loads it then goes back to channel screen.  A glitch in an update? 

0 Kudos
stargazr19761
Level 9

Are you an express user. I mean you are using a roku express?

I don't know what they have f'd up in there code but I can take an old roku one and it will load you tube.

It's about as fast as a bicycle on the interstate but it loads and works. The express models they have just seemed to turn a blind eye to and say the issue is fixed.

or blame it on google. It's a code issue I promise. Bad memory management the unit just refuses to load it.

I don't know everything but it's like my daddy said. 

I Might have been born at night but it wasn't last night.

Don't reset everything. Make them come up with a real answer. They have the platform and they need to fix it. They say the issue is resolved. If I buy a roku for my mom who is in her 70s is that issue resloved? no.

Demand they fix it.

0 Kudos
wiley1827
Level 7

This problem is new and unrelated to "fixes" mention in previous reply. Havbing made no changes to any aspect of the Roky download or screen saver, etc...the msg about "space" started to show up I used remote to open You Tube. I have manually (tedious) removed 15 channels to provide space (a messy slow process which should be possible online instead of one-by-one through the remote!)

The message is silly and "space" is not an issue UNLESS Roku has fiddled with operating capacity for some accounts and we are now limited to a fixed number of chosen channels - which we hear nothing about .

There is a programming error or fault that worked up in the last 10 days and ROKU should address this.

My next communication is to You Tube who obviously wants folks to access through ROKU. I smell a rate and I suspect it is due to fees/premiums in dispute between ROKU and YouTube. No other channel has put up this limit on "space" that I know.

0 Kudos
wiley1827
Level 7

Agreed: Fixing at user end is ridiculous. This is a program issue, and ROKU embarrasses itself again by dreaming up non-answers.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@wiley1827 

Earlier in the thread, @RokuDanny-R asked the original poster about which model he had. He asked because that's useful information. I've read your posts, and I have no idea what device you have. Maybe you have a really old device that's no longer supported. Maybe you have a brand new device that should work without issue. I don't know. You didn't say. When questions are asked, there's a reason.

If you want help with your issue, we'll do what we can. So, what device (to include Roku model number) to you have? What version of the Roku software? Settings > System > About

Describe the issue. Exactly what is the wording. Don't paraphrase, what exactly does it say. A screen shot would be helpful, but if you would provide exactly what the message is, that would be helpful.

What app is it you're trying to launch? What version is installed? You can hit the Options button and it will tell you the version. Always include the build.

How many apps are on your device? That shows just above the menu.

Let us know, and we'll see what we can do to help.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos