Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TA06
Reel Rookie

Re: STILL NOT Resolved: Channel launch issue - "Can't run channe...

Jump to solution

This issue still has not been resolved for me. It recently occurred for me last nite...and I have done everything as suggested to fix this issue. Do I need to reply to this post to have someone contact me to address my ongoing issue or is there another way to have support address my ongoing issue? 

0 Kudos
Emjay1

Re: Error: Can't run channel. Prime, Sling & bunch of others

Jump to solution

I'm still having issue with my downloads youtube, youtube TV, prime video. I'm in Pa.

0 Kudos
mj4
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Danny R. - Roku Forum Moderator,

I have a Roku express + and the posted "fix" by Roku does not fix my issue. I can't load any channel except Netflix. For some reason that one works, all other channels state: channel could not be run because it could not be reinstalled from the network.

Below is the information you requested:

Roku Device Model = 3910RW - Roku Express +

Serial # = YG00EE002070

Device ID = C5394E002070

Software version = 10.0.0 Build 4209-51

Error message: Can't run channel (Prime Video & Spectrum TV) could not be run because it could not be reinstalled from the network.

Prime Video = version 12.0 Build 2021090212

Spectrum Tv = version 6.8 Build 0

Tracker id for both prime and spectrum = 70-382-808

The only channel that works is Netflix, problem started about 3 weeks ago.

When I check for updates, it states all software is up to date.

0 Kudos
mj4
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Roku Forum Moderator,

Please provide an update for the issue effecting the Roku express + users that are unable to use channels due to the error: channel could not be run because it could not be reinstalled from the network.

This problem has been ongoing for 3 weeks now.

If Roku is unable to resolve this issue please let us know so we can move on to another hardware solution.

Thanks,

MJ4

rtriana13
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Did all the suggested actions.  STILL CAN'T run channels!  Paramount and CBS.  VERY annoying!  

ROKU SN:CU37AG241602

STILL CAN'T run channels.  PAID FOR THEM! Did all the suggested actions

0 Kudos
wiley1827
Reel Rookie

Re: ** Cannot launch Channel “not enough space”

Jump to solution

This problem is new and unrelated to "fixes" mention in previous reply. Havbing made no changes to any aspect of the Roky download or screen saver, etc...the msg about "space" started to show up I used remote to open You Tube. I have manually (tedious) removed 15 channels to provide space (a messy slow process which should be possible online instead of one-by-one through the remote!)

The message is silly and "space" is not an issue UNLESS Roku has fiddled with operating capacity for some accounts and we are now limited to a fixed number of chosen channels - which we hear nothing about .

There is a programming error or fault that worked up in the last 10 days and ROKU should address this.

My next communication is to You Tube who obviously wants folks to access through ROKU. I smell a rate and I suspect it is due to fees/premiums in dispute between ROKU and YouTube. No other channel has put up this limit on "space" that I know.

0 Kudos
wiley1827
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Agreed: Fixing at user end is ridiculous. This is a program issue, and ROKU embarrasses itself again by dreaming up non-answers.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@wiley1827 

Earlier in the thread, @RokuDanny-R asked the original poster about which model he had. He asked because that's useful information. I've read your posts, and I have no idea what device you have. Maybe you have a really old device that's no longer supported. Maybe you have a brand new device that should work without issue. I don't know. You didn't say. When questions are asked, there's a reason.

If you want help with your issue, we'll do what we can. So, what device (to include Roku model number) to you have? What version of the Roku software? Settings > System > About

Describe the issue. Exactly what is the wording. Don't paraphrase, what exactly does it say. A screen shot would be helpful, but if you would provide exactly what the message is, that would be helpful.

What app is it you're trying to launch? What version is installed? You can hit the Options button and it will tell you the version. Always include the build.

How many apps are on your device? That shows just above the menu.

Let us know, and we'll see what we can do to help.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Dusty1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Prime and YouTube among others not fixed for me.

Model 3910RW Roku Express Plus

Serial No YG00H8656225

Device ID C53961+656225

Software Version 10.5.0 Build 4167-51

Prime Version 12.0 Build 2021090212

youTube Version 2.20 Build 93005146

Tracker ID 25-392-896

Hope you can help.

Dusty

0 Kudos
upset1235
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Is there any way that you can ket us know how long it will be until they fix this issue. I am unable to use any of my channels except Netfilx. This is beyond frustrating. It's been over 2 weeks now. I would like to know if I need to buy a different device.

Thanks