Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Theram
Reel Rookie

Re: STILL NOT Resolved: Channel launch issue - "Can't run channe...

Jump to solution

I finally got it working again.  After trying all the posted "fix it" steps, nothing worked, so I unplugged the Roku power source for 20 minutes, plugged it back in, and its working again.  Go figure.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We believe this issue has been resolved by manually checking for a software update on your Roku device.

You can perform a manual software update by doing the following:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select System update.
  5. Select Check Now to manually check for updates.
  6. Restart your Roku device through Settings > System > Power > Power > System restart.

In the event that your issue is still not resolved (as we are aware that this issue is still affecting a subset of users), please provide us with the following information so we can investigate your specific issue:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-when did you start to see this issue occur?
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-screenshot of any error messages of what you are experiencing.

Once we have this information we will be able to investigate your specific issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: ** Cannot launch Channel “not enough space”

Jump to solution

@Novag

Thanks for the post.

What Roku model device are you using? Have you tried changing the screensaver to default? Have you tried removing any unused channels? After doing the above, try restarting your device to see if the issue is resolved.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Having same issues with my ROKU TV.  It says to delete channels for it to load..its been working fine until 4 days ago I haven't added any channels in months I deleted 10 channels and still same msg.  Now Apple TV won't load.  It loads it then goes back to channel screen.  A glitch in an update? 

0 Kudos
stargazr19761
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

It does not fix the issue on roku express models.

stargazr19761
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I was a bit of a smartass about these existing problems but I didn't expect a warning for it. Grow a sense of humor.

0 Kudos
stargazr19761
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I love roku but I'm not going to jump through hoops just to get youtube. I have a cheap firestick too. I just use it now for youtube.

Its not the same enviroment but its pretty hackable lol.

It just irritates me when someone tells you to do the same thing over and over even though it doesn't work.

That by definition is insanity. 

Peace!

0 Kudos
stargazr19761
Roku Guru

Jump to solution
warning violation of rules
Hi, As a friendly reminder of the Community guidelines: Be kind, courteous, and positive when posting. The Community exists to help users. Posting abusive, obscene, harassing, hostile, defamatory, offensive, tortious, argumentative, inappropriate or otherwise objectionable content may result in loss of access to the Community.   Roku reserves the right to remove any content at its discretion.  If you do not abide by these guidelines, you may loss the privilege of posting in the Community. Thanks, Danny  
0 Kudos
stargazr19761
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

To be honest if thats what it has come down too.....Just to be banned from a forum. I just don't care anymore. People ask honest questions and they get  bs in response. It will be what it will be.

Streamer knows how it works. I'd put my faith in him on any problem on the platform and Highly respect him for his answers. God bless ya streamer.

Roku support your user base and stop underestimating their intelligence.

0 Kudos
stargazr19761
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Are you an express user. I mean you are using a roku express?

I don't know what they have f'd up in there code but I can take an old roku one and it will load you tube.

It's about as fast as a bicycle on the interstate but it loads and works. The express models they have just seemed to turn a blind eye to and say the issue is fixed.

or blame it on google. It's a code issue I promise. Bad memory management the unit just refuses to load it.

I don't know everything but it's like my daddy said. 

I Might have been born at night but it wasn't last night.

Don't reset everything. Make them come up with a real answer. They have the platform and they need to fix it. They say the issue is resolved. If I buy a roku for my mom who is in her 70s is that issue resloved? no.

Demand they fix it.

0 Kudos