Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Cannot install YouTube TV

Jump to solution

Every time I try to install YouTube TV I get the following message. Channel install failed could not add YouTube TV account suspended. Why am I getting this message?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Cannot install YouTube TV

Jump to solution

@Richard3 

Thanks for the post.

Have you reached out to YouTube TV support to inquire further? Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. 

You can reach them here: https://support.google.com/youtubetv/?hl=en#topic=7071745

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Richard3 

Thanks for the post.

Have you reached out to YouTube TV support to inquire further? Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. 

You can reach them here: https://support.google.com/youtubetv/?hl=en#topic=7071745

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the suggestion. I did reach out to YouTube and they said they wouldn’t have any error messages like that. Shortly after that, I discovered that the problem was I did not have a credit card on file with Roku. Of course, the message has nothing to do with a credit card. Very confusing. Once I put in a credit card in my setup, everything worked fine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

YoutubeTV is a premium Channel so your experience makes sense to me.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos