Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Layza0211
Level 7

Cannot install Apple TV

I have 55inch tv and for some reason I can’t download Apple TV on it

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
jwill_98
Level 7

apple tv

Hi. So I downloaded Apple TV from the Channel store, put it never pop up on my tv, so I guess its not able to stream it or whatever,  but my question is, how do I get it to uninstall even tho its not on my tv? Like it pops up on that its "instilled" online, on the actual tv, the app is not on there.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Application issues

@Layza0211 @jwill_98 

Thanks for the post.

Where are you currently located?

For steps on how to install the Apple TV+ channel, visit our Support page here: How do I use the Apple TV channel on my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
XavierL13
Level 8

Re: Cannot install Apple TV

Yes, SAME problem: can successfully install in my account,  and run on my 6XXX (4K) RokuTV... BUT on my 3 year old 5XXX series HD1080p RokuTV (5316X), same account, same household/network, it does NOT show up at all.  When searched for, it doesn't even show up as a result, nor option to launch or (re)download. Weird. Confirmed...

Yes, AppleTV is seemingly being blocked for some reason on some capable recent generation RokuTV's : (

Roku Cordcutting Family Since 2011: Synology NAS 8TB/Plex Server; AppleTV4K+Kodi+Infuse;
Roku 2720R (x4); Roku Streaming Sticks (all 3versions); Roku Express+ 3710 (x2)/3910RW (x2);
Sharp RokuTV 32” 1080p 5316X; Hitachi RokuTV 4K UHD 50R8/6402X (x2)..
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Just because you see a channel in the channel store on the Roku web site doesn't mean that it's available for your device, or for your geographic location. 

But it's not Roku that is blocking installation. The channel developer is the sole control point for what countries you can install their channel, and on what devices. One good example is that AirPlay 2 is not available on every Roku TV. There are certain models that are unsupported, even though it might be a brand new TV. Same goes with channels. HBO claims their Max channel will work on any Roku with OS 9.3 or later. But in reality some of the older players simply cannot run the channel. 

If you have a Roku device that has Apple TV, and another that does not, that means Apple is blocking installation on that model Roku. Only Apple can change that setting. Roku cannot override the channel developer settings. Look in the channel store on the device itself, not the Roku web site. If it's not listed there, you can't install it, period. Only Apple can change it.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

@XavierL13 wrote:

Yes, SAME problem: can successfully install in my account,  and run on my 6XXX (4K) RokuTV... BUT on my 3 year old 5XXX series HD1080p RokuTV (5316X), same account, same household/network, it does NOT show up at all.  When searched for, it doesn't even show up as a result, nor option to launch or (re)download. Weird. Confirmed...

Yes, AppleTV is specifically being blocked from install on some capable recent generation RokuTV's Smiley Sad

Your model 5316 Roku TV isnt qualified to run the Apple TV app:

https://support.roku.com/article/360036652634

Device Model

Roku TV 7000x, C000x, 8000x, A000x, 6000x 

You need to address this to Apple - they solely determine what Roku models their app is qualified to run on:  https://support.apple.com/

0 Kudos