Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
broy30
Level 7

Cannot get signed in to history channel app

I have a roku premiere+, it's only about a year old and I am having the hardest time getting logged in to the history channel app.

I follow all of the steps; I go to the app and get the code then go to roku.com/authorize and select my cable company (I have Hulu streaming) and then enter the code. After that, the site either does nothing or it reloads and I'd have to start over, but it's just a continuous loop and just keeps reloading.

I have been able to get in on other devices, like my phone and laptop, but I'd like to watch on my tv.

This is so frustrating! Can someone please help with this?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
broy30
Level 7

Re: Cannot get signed in to history channel app

I'm sorry, I go to history.com/authorize to get signed in. Doesn't matter, still won't work....
0 Kudos
broy30
Level 7

Another correction, when I said it does nothing when I try to login, it does give an error that says my Hulu login is invalid, but I have confirmed my login a few times and I know it's correct.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

You say "Hulu" but don't explicitly state you have the $40 (or $44) "Hulu with Live TV" plan. The regular $8 (or $12) Hulu plan is not good for authorizing apps. You must have one of the Hulu with Live TV plans.

Assuming you do have Hulu with Live TV, try the following:

Clear your browser cookies. At least, the cookies for Hulu and History. If you can't selectively clear cookies, clear them all, or use a different browser that has cookies cleared. If you don't know how to do that, just clear your browser cookies.

Remove the History app from your Roku device.

Reboot the Roku.

Add the History app to your Roku device.

Open the History app. Use a separate browser tab to follow the authentication steps.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
broy30
Level 7

Thanks for your help Basil and yes I do have Hulu Live Tv. Unfortunately, I tried all the steps and nothing. I even tried it with 2 different browsers.

I keep getting the same error message "Your login is invalid. Please refresh the page ".

I'm starting to think the problem is with history channel, not my roku.
0 Kudos