Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrendaH
Level 7

Cannot get logged onto Discovery+

Jump to solution

I need Roku's help, PLEASE.

When Discovery+ became available, I signed up for the 7 day free trial, using my Roku, or so Discovery+ tells me.

I logged in once, only to see that there were only 2 episodes of a new show that I was looking forward to seeing.

Once I saw that only 2 episodes exist, I was very disappointed and couldn't find any way online, signing in to Discovery+ to cancel my subscription.  I spent the next 10 days trying to get ahold of Discovery+ Customer Support, to ask them to cancel the subscription, since there is no way to unsubscribe online.

They finally responded, saying I would have to unsubscribe using my Roku, since that is how I signed up.  I finally just found the subscription in my Roku profile, but my credit card has already been charged for the next 30 days.

I need help (apparently need Roku's help) to get logged in to the Discovery+ subscription that I have paid for (next 3 weeks.)  When I use my Roku to view Discovery+, I am prompted to log in.  There is NO password that works... when I reset my password, having it sent to my email account, I can reset the password, and have that password work on my computer, so I can view Discovery+ on my computer, but that same password does NOT work using my Roku... so I can't watch it on my television.

I am at a complete and utter loss.  I do NOT know what to do next.  Discovery+ just points me back to Roku.... that's *IF* I get ANY response from Discovery+.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cannot get logged onto Discovery+

Jump to solution

Log into your Roku account via https://my.roku.com/account/subscriptions.  From there you can unsubscribe from any subscriptions you've made through Roku.

Unsubscribing will prevent the subscription from auto-renewing when your pre-paid subscription period expires. 

Doug
Roku Community Streaming Expert  I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Log into your Roku account via https://my.roku.com/account/subscriptions.  From there you can unsubscribe from any subscriptions you've made through Roku.

Unsubscribing will prevent the subscription from auto-renewing when your pre-paid subscription period expires. 

Doug
Roku Community Streaming Expert  I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
anxious
Level 7

Jump to solution

have verified my email and password on Roku, gotten confirmation, Discovery+ says I'm signed up and being charged, yet still get "sign in" prompt. Go through all that and says my email or password not right. Tried any way possible to resolve, still nothing. Any ideas? Really anxious to view the channel!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Thanks for reaching out, @anxious.

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact Discovery+ support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Discovery+ support here: https://help.discoveryplus.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos