Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrendaH
Level 7

Cannot get logged onto Discovery+

Jump to solution

I need Roku's help, PLEASE.

When Discovery+ became available, I signed up for the 7 day free trial, using my Roku, or so Discovery+ tells me.

I logged in once, only to see that there were only 2 episodes of a new show that I was looking forward to seeing.

Once I saw that only 2 episodes exist, I was very disappointed and couldn't find any way online, signing in to Discovery+ to cancel my subscription.  I spent the next 10 days trying to get ahold of Discovery+ Customer Support, to ask them to cancel the subscription, since there is no way to unsubscribe online.

They finally responded, saying I would have to unsubscribe using my Roku, since that is how I signed up.  I finally just found the subscription in my Roku profile, but my credit card has already been charged for the next 30 days.

I need help (apparently need Roku's help) to get logged in to the Discovery+ subscription that I have paid for (next 3 weeks.)  When I use my Roku to view Discovery+, I am prompted to log in.  There is NO password that works... when I reset my password, having it sent to my email account, I can reset the password, and have that password work on my computer, so I can view Discovery+ on my computer, but that same password does NOT work using my Roku... so I can't watch it on my television.

I am at a complete and utter loss.  I do NOT know what to do next.  Discovery+ just points me back to Roku.... that's *IF* I get ANY response from Discovery+.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Cannot get logged onto Discovery+

Jump to solution

Log into your Roku account via https://my.roku.com/account/subscriptions.  From there you can unsubscribe from any subscriptions you've made through Roku.

Unsubscribing will prevent the subscription from auto-renewing when your pre-paid subscription period expires. 

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Cannot get logged onto Discovery+

Jump to solution

Log into your Roku account via https://my.roku.com/account/subscriptions.  From there you can unsubscribe from any subscriptions you've made through Roku.

Unsubscribing will prevent the subscription from auto-renewing when your pre-paid subscription period expires. 

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos