Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Cannot find Spectrum TV when searching channels on Roku Ultra LT

Jump to solution

I’ve just installed Roku Ultra LT and set up as normal. I’m logged into Roku account and searched for Spectrum TV. The search is only offering Spectrum radio. How do I find Spectrum TV?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Cannot find Spectrum TV when searching channels on Roku Ultra LT

Jump to solution

@ChrisM61  Thanks for reaching out. Spectrum currently offers their channel in the US only on the Roku platform. If you are using a Roku device, linked to a Roku account in another region such as the UK or Canada, you would not see the channel appear as on option to install. 

The Spectrum TV channel also requires your device to be using a Spectrum internet connection in order to stream. If you have any additional questions or need more help, please feel free to contact Spectrum support here: https://www.spectrum.net/contact-us/

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@ChrisM61 

Thanks for the note.

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If a channel isn't appearing in Search, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address' reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue, then create a new Roku account in the correct region. We'd also recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly for more help and information regarding the availability of their service on the Roku platform in your area. They can also assist with any login or troubleshooting questions that you may have. 

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@ChrisM61  Thanks for reaching out. Spectrum currently offers their channel in the US only on the Roku platform. If you are using a Roku device, linked to a Roku account in another region such as the UK or Canada, you would not see the channel appear as on option to install. 

The Spectrum TV channel also requires your device to be using a Spectrum internet connection in order to stream. If you have any additional questions or need more help, please feel free to contact Spectrum support here: https://www.spectrum.net/contact-us/

Thanks,

Tanner

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks Tanner.

I dont have any Roku devices back home in the UK. I have a property here in the US with three Roku devices and I created my account here but used my UK email address when setting this up. Could this be the problem? None of my devices can find Spectrum

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@ChrisM61 

Thanks for the note.

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If a channel isn't appearing in Search, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address' reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue, then create a new Roku account in the correct region. We'd also recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly for more help and information regarding the availability of their service on the Roku platform in your area. They can also assist with any login or troubleshooting questions that you may have. 

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator