Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Cannot connect to Acorn from Roku Express+ with Roku subscription

I subscribe to Acorn through Roku. It is billed through them and the subscription is current.

When I try to view Acorn through the Express+ it requires me to register or login. When I try to login using Roku credentials it fails repeatedly. The Roku TV in a different room works correctly to view Acorn.

What's a next step to resolve this? ... cheers, hotcold

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Cannot connect to Acorn from Roku Express+ with Roku subscription

@hotcold 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact Acorn support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Acorn support here: https://acorn.tv/contactus/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Hi, Danny

Thanks for the link. I entered this issue on their website. No response yet ... cheers, drl

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Hi.

I was afraid that this would happen -- Acorn referred me back to Roku ... cheers, drl

-----

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting Acorn TV!
We apologize for the inconvenience. We looked at your account and it shows that it is currently setup with ROKU. You will need to contact ROKU regarding your account because we don't have access to accounts made through third party service providers. We went ahead and provided you with the ROKU customer support number at the bottom of this email.
ROKU Customer Support- 1 (816) 272-8106 

Best wishes,
The Acorn TV Team
0 Kudos