Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kujo
Reel Rookie

Cannot add discovery plus channel

Cannot download discovery plus channel. Get message install failed could not download app error. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Cannot add discovery plus channel

Hi @Kujo,

Welcome to the Roku Community! I understand that you're unable to download Discovery +.

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help. 

What Roku model device are you using?

You can add the channel/s by going to Home > Streaming Channels > Search Channels or you add the channel through the Roku channel store, you may refer to this link: discovery plus | Roku Channel Store | Roku

Once added, the channel will not immediately appear on your Roku device. Your Roku device checks every 24 hours for any new channels you have added from the website and automatically installs them. If you would like to download immediately, go to your Roku device and select Settings > System > System update > Check now.

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How do I add channels to my Roku® streaming device? | Official Roku Support

If you are still having any issues with adding the channel after following these steps, please provide the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Kind regards,
​​​​​​​Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kujo
Reel Rookie

The steps provided did not work. Serial number 1EJ46Y014860

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kujo,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

Discovery + is available on selected Roku device models and the Roku Streaming Stick (3400X) is not a supported model.

Find more info at Browsers and devices supported by discovery+ – discovery+ (discoveryplus.com) 

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Many thanks,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BeeHops

I also have this problem my model number is 3050X

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@BeeHops wrote:

I also have this problem my model number is 3050X

Support for the Roku 2 XD (model 3050) ended a few years ago. Roku hasn't provided OS updates in years, and many app developers have dropped support for the devices. Discovery+ didn't even come along until years after support for that device ended, so it never officially supported it.

The device is 9-11 years old, depending on when it was first purchased, and while it may still be chugging along, will not run many apps. It may be time to think about upgrading.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos