Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Cannot add The ROKU Channel

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm in Malaysia and I bought Roku Express (without +), however I cannot  add "The ROKU Channel", Error message appeared whenever I tried to add, "Adding channel failed - Could not add channel Roku Channel"

Is it supposed to be free when you bought it and have Roku account for it ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Cannot add The ROKU Channel

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

The Roku Channel is only available on Roku streaming players or Roku TV in the United States and Canada, and your web browser, the Roku mobile app, and compatible Samsung TV's in the United States.

For more information regarding The Roku Channel, visit our Support page here: What is The Roku® Channel?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

The Roku Channel is only available on Roku streaming players or Roku TV in the United States and Canada, and your web browser, the Roku mobile app, and compatible Samsung TV's in the United States.

For more information regarding The Roku Channel, visit our Support page here: What is The Roku® Channel?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Is there any plans for people living in the Caribbean region to have access to the Roku Channel or other channels like Pluto tv/ Crackle? I have been a Roku tv user for a few years now and have been waiting patiently for this feature. 

0 Kudos