Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyross
Level 11

Cannot activate BBC America on Roku 4

For some reason, I cannot get BBC America to activate on my Roku 4. I have done the normal delete, reboot, reinstall. I get the code, go to the web site, enter it, pick the provider (Xfinity), and it says it's activated on the web site, but the Roku never updates.

I also have a Roku Express 3900RW, and it activated with no issues.

Both Roku's are running OS9.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DBDukes
Level 10

Re: Cannot activate BBC America on Roku 4

"andyross" wrote:
For some reason, I cannot get BBC America to activate on my Roku 4. I have done the normal delete, reboot, reinstall. I get the code, go to the web site, enter it, pick the provider (Xfinity), and it says it's activated on the web site, but the Roku never updates.

I also have a Roku Express 3900RW, and it activated with no issues.

Both Roku's are running OS9.

Try one more variation. First, remove all Xfinity and Comcast cookies from your browser. Then, log in to your Xfinity account. Keep your browser open and logged in to Xfinity.

Next, do the Remove, Reboot, Reinstall process. When you get to the part where you are to authenticate, you're already logged in -- and clean (we cleared all cookies that might be mucking things up -- and it may work.

This has worked for me with problematic apps. Perhaps it will be useful for you.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
andyross
Level 11

Re: Cannot activate BBC America on Roku 4

No luck. I tried using IE, which I never use otherwise and it had no real cookies in it. Still doesn't work.
0 Kudos