Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tsmuke
Level 7

Cannot access NBC with dish subscription?

I'm trying to get NBC and when I press NBC, it says:

*You do not have a subscription to view the requested content.  To upgrade your programming, go to mydish.com/programming and then log back in to view content.*

Ok so I go to mydish.com/programming and then what?  I called Dish and they had no clue, said to call Roku.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Cannot access NBC with dish subscription?

@Tsmuke 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Are you able to open the channel, or are you experiencing the issue when you try to access it? 

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jdpollock4
Level 7

Re: Cannot access NBC with dish subscription?

This fix does not work.  I am trying to watch live tv on my NBC app on my Roku and I have uninstalled and reset everything multiple times and I still get the error message.  It says the Error Code is CloudpathErrorAuthorization

I can watch the NBC New Station and Bravo station on the NBC app live, I just can't watch the live local NBC station.  And I can't watch some of the latest shows that were on like a week ago.  I have this subscription on Dish and can watch the local channel on my Dish tv just fine.  Why can't I get it on my Roku?

0 Kudos