Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Cannot access Euronews. Keep getting the message: "Can't connnect to video service."

Jump to solution

I can access all other apps, just not Euronews. Any ideas what I should try?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Cannot access Euronews. Keep getting the message: "Can't connnect to video service."

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, you'll want to contact Euronews support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Euronews support here: https://www.euronews.com/contact

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Cannot access Euronews. Keep getting the message: "Can't connnect to video service."

Jump to solution

I haven't used the Euronews channel in a while, but I just tried and I get the same error message. So it's likely a problem on their end and not a Roku issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I've been getting the same message for 3 days, since 10.11.20. I tried to remove and reinstall to no avail.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same problem. Has been down for 3 days now. Euronews.com is working.

Will someone at roku support please look into this?!?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I cannot get Euronews either. I have deleted the app and reinstall it, but it is not working. All other apps work just fine. It is terrible because I like to watch news in different languages and, that I know, this is the only site that offers that possibility.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, you'll want to contact Euronews support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Euronews support here: https://www.euronews.com/contact

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I used the "Give us feedback" option (in the same menu that you use to move or remove a channel) to report that the channel isn't loading. If enough other people do the same thing, maybe they'll notice. At least we'll find out how much (or how little) attention Euronews pays to their Roku channel.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I can't access it either.  Bummer!  Loved watching every night.

0 Kudos