Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Cannot Sign-In to non-primary YouTube accounts.

I use a secondary account that is attached to my YouTube account when watching YouTube. I just purchased a Roku TV and unlike my other Hisense android TV I cannot sign in. Some posts on here also highlight this issue but these seem to be using  software that has a third sign in option that lets you authenticate via YouTube.com/activate solving the problem. My TV does not have this. I have the sign in by phone and sign in on TV options. Sign in on TV does not prompt for an account selection like my other TV does. Sign in on phone will automatically sign me into my primary Google YouTube account rather than the account I am currently signed into. Considering a return over this as this is key functionality that just does not exist on this TV.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Cannot Sign-In to non-primary YouTube accounts.

Never mind what anything about the other Roku.

Highlight the App in Home press St*ar and remove the Channel.

If you have YoutubeTV nuke that also.

do a Settings/System/System restart

reinstall Youtube and log in preferably with a Gmail account.

It wont matter that youre signed in to other accounts elsewhere.

Sometimes having YoutubeTV alongside helps but dont at first.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos