Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrAtomic
Level 7

Cancel HBO Max from Roku

I want to cancel HBO max. According to HBO Max, I need to do this from Roku. My credit card says that Roku is charging me on behalf of Warner Media (=HBO Max).

But on Roku's "my subscriptions" page (on the website), it doesn't have HBO Max listed as a subscription. And Roku's directions (to press the "*" button when the HBO Max tile is highlighted) don't work either, since there isn't a "manage my subscription" option there.

Any ideas on how to cancel the subscription would be appreciated.

@HBO@HBOMax @Warner Media

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Aubrijensen2021
Level 7

Re: Cancel HBO Max from Roku

I am trying to cancel an AMC+ subscription.  The free channel ends today.  When I click on the star it doesn’t do anything.  I changed the credit card information, so I am really hoping that it is linked to my Roku TV so it doesn’t charge me.  Because there is no “cancel subscription” button anywhere and I can’t find anything in settings.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

@Aubrijensen2021 wrote:

I am trying to cancel an AMC+ subscription.  The free channel ends today.  When I click on the star it doesn’t do anything.  I changed the credit card information, so I am really hoping that it is linked to my Roku TV so it doesn’t charge me.  Because there is no “cancel subscription” button anywhere and I can’t find anything in settings.

Are you pressing the * key with the channel highlighted in the home page channel grid, not while viewing the channel?

Alternative method: log into https//my.roku.com/account/subscriptions and cancel any of your active subscriptions shown from there.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

@DrAtomic wrote:

I want to cancel HBO max. According to HBO Max, I need to do this from Roku. My credit card says that Roku is charging me on behalf of Warner Media (=HBO Max).

But on Roku's "my subscriptions" page (on the website), it doesn't have HBO Max listed as a subscription. And Roku's directions (to press the "*" button when the HBO Max tile is highlighted) don't work either, since there isn't a "manage my subscription" option there.

Any ideas on how to cancel the subscription would be appreciated.

@HBO@HBOMax @Warner Media

Does Settings > System > Account show the same account email address as you are using to log into your account?

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi