Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HopeXX
Level 7

Cancel HBO Max Subscription

I've had HBO Max for a few months and haven't been allowed to cancel my subscription. It doesn't let me cancel it on my TV, the HBO Max app, and it's not in my subscription list on the website. I can't afford the $16 dollars every month, please let me cancel the subscription. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Cancel HBO Max Subscription

Hey @HopeXX

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done.

For account & billing concerns, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here: support.roku.com/contactus then choose 'Questions about my account or billing' on the drop-down menu. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

All the best,
Kariza

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cancel HBO Max Subscription

If you subscribed THROUGH ROKU, you should be able to unsubscribe by highlighting the HBO Max icon in the Roku home screen channel grid, pressing the * key on your Roku remote then selecting "Manage subscription".

Alternately, you can log into your Roku account at https://my.roku.com/account/subscriptions and cancel there.

If, on the other hand, you subscribed directly with HBO Max, you'll need to unsubscribe on their website.

Likewise, if you subscribed through some other third party, such as Amazon, Hulu, Sling, etc., you'll need to unsubscribe through them.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos